Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
tomhardy999

Reged: 05/17/14
Really Really stressed out, please help
      #276236 - 05/17/14 02:36 PM

I had a low risk exposure with a prostitute in early january in Thailand. I had protected oral and protected vaginal sex. I was the insertive person. Following that during the first week of march i had severe diahorrea, mild fever(37.6 deg c) and sore throat. I went to see the clinic on the second day of diahorrea and he did a stool test and sent me back with some antibiotics. The stool test came back with a bacterial origin(campylobactor). Since i was freaking out, i went to the hospital the following day and told them that the diahorrea still has not stopped. They kept me on drips and did a normal blood test on me. A few hours later the doctor concluded that my vitals were good and asked me to finish the course of antibiotics provided by the clinic on the first day. During this timeframe my fever had already subsided, and my diahorrea went away completely within 6 days. I would like to include that during these 6 days i was constantly thinking about hiv transmission and worried almost every hour i was awake. Felt nauseous and had very low appetite for anything.

I was completely fine following that incident till 2 weeks ago where i have a pain on my throat only on the left side. It does not feel like a sore throat and i only have the pain like twice or thrice a day and it does not cause any pain while eating. It feels like when the pain occurs it is connected to the middle ear, but the pain lasts for less then 3 seconds when in arises. More like pain when swallowing with a dry throat but only on one side. It is still present now after 3 weeks, but it occurs max 4 times a day.

I have also been researching on possibilities of candida. and now i feel whenever i wake up my tongue has a slight thick white coating which goes away completely after brushing my tongue. I also started to have bloating immediately after eating a meal, and my stomach makes weird noises when im sleeping. However there is no pain. Sometimes i feel i have all the factors that i research on the net. I feel they are more related to my mental psychopathy more then actually being there. Like in the first few weeks i keep looking for swollen lymph nodes and am convinced they are there, but when i research for a new symptom the old one goes away and the new one i have researched becomes apparent in me. I have read that anxiety and stress also leads to bloating. But am unsure. My stools look normal and i am having atleast one bowel movement per day. i have not come across any swollen inguinal or axillary lymph nodes, however have a small lump in my upper thigh under the skin about 10 cm away from my groin which im unsure if it is a lymph node.

Everything else seems fine with me except for the white coating which appears in the morning, bloating and pain on occasions on one side of the throat. I also have been skipping meals due to my tight work schedule and have only one meal a day which could be causing this bloating however am unsure since it only occurs after eating. Also it is winter now, which might cause a white tongue due to dryness, which im again unsure off. There is no bleeding or pain while eating or when brushing off the coating.

Doctor i really need your help, i have been researching for atleast an hour everyday for symptoms and go to bed with a worry every day. I wake up and immediately rush to the mirror to look for new symptoms. I am also very afraid to go for a test. I really do not know if these symptoms are really there or my mind is making them to be there.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
woundedrhymes

Reged: 01/21/14
Loc: Toronto
Re: Really Really stressed out, please help new
      #276238 - 05/17/14 06:29 PM

Quote:

I have also been researching on possibilities of candida. and now i feel whenever i wake up my tongue has a slight thick white coating which goes away completely after brushing my tongue.

Don't know if this helps, but I thought I had candida/thrush as well and freaked out. I went to my doctor who told me that thrush is usually painful, hard to brush off, bleeds when you try to brush it off, and doesn't just occur on the tongue, but under it, on the roof/sides of your mouth etc. He told me that it was nothing to worry about, that lots of people have a whitish tongue for various reasons.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Really Really stressed out, please help *DELETED* new
      #276239 - 05/17/14 08:07 PM

Post deleted by crabman

tomhardy999

Reged: 05/17/14
      #276241 - 05/18/14 12:39 AM

thank you very much for the insight on candida, crabman: the only other risk i had apart from protected vaginal and oral sex was the fact that we kissed abit before all this happened. Im just completely freaked out as this was my first experience and is most certainly gonna be my last. But what do the symtoms on bloating and throat pain on one side suggest?

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #276242 - 05/18/14 08:24 AM

"But what do the symtoms on bloating and throat pain on one side suggest?"

What they suggest to me is that you need to see your doctor about them. People with HIV tend not to have any symptoms after the initial ARS at 2-4 weeks, so the cause is probably some other reason.

Your concern was almost 5 months ago. You could have tested and moved on with your life back in April. Go get a test and stop wasting your time with all this speculation.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 811

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3