Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anxiety92
New User

Reged: 04/17/14
I'm have been having paranoia after unprotected sex. I was a virgin. pulling out hair
      #276014 - 04/18/14 09:00 AM

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I am a 21 year old African American college student. I stumbled upon this site while googling frantically for answers. I had sex for the very first time with my ex boyfriend boyfriend. It was a brief unprotected encounter without ejaculation but I believe there was pre ejaculation. I soon got so paranoid that I may be pregnant being that I'm still in college trying to earn a higher education I can't be pregnant I can't even support myself yet. I began to pester him on a daily about being possibly pregnant it has become a daily routine. I was having irregular periods so I wasn't sure when it would start. He began to get tired of my pestering and gave me money for the plan b pill. A week later I started my period. All of a sudden I had a bad paranoia that I may have contracted something from him. I began to once again pester and harass him and he insists that he is free from anything he got bloodwork did after his last sexual encounter and also wore a condom. However I dont trust him and I kept on asking him about it and harassing him. He has now changed his phone number and blocked me from all social networks. However I still mange to stalk him and make fake profiles and also contact him through family memebers about it and he insists he is ok and that I'm crazy.

Earlier this week I went to get a pap smear and to test for gonorrhea and chlamydia and to my surprise they were both negative. The doctor said I'm perfectly fine down there. She then told my WBC was high but just a point high and couldve been a mild Infection not related to an STD. Also during the pap test I requested a hiv test (by this time it was 5 weeks after possible exposure) and it came back negative.

I keep hearing a 5 week test is a real good indicator I should rest my nerves but I can't I'm afraid it would change and my life will not be the same anymore. I also took one around the 3 week mark and it was negative.

I've read the CDC website and they say 6 weeks is 99% accurate so how accurate is 5 weeks and is it possible to change at 8 weeks and 12 weeks. I used oraquick swab. I'm so nervous.

Lately since my possible exposure I have been going through paranoia. Not focusing in classes and missing them. Pulling out my hair due to anxiety. My hair has two baldspots in the front. Frantically searching on google. Somewhat sleep deprived. I also have shut off from reality. I don't wanna get pretty and going out, I don't want my hair did, I'm thinking everything is related to hiv. I turn on the tv and something about hiv/aids come up, I get on social networks I see posts about hiv/aids, my schoolbooks entries has stories on hiv/aids. No matter where I turn everything connects with HIV/AIDS. I can't take it no more. I'm harassing my ex boyfriend as I'm typing by messaging him on various social networks since he changed his number. I'm driving myself crazy.

Edited by Anxiety92 (04/18/14 10:00 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: I'm have been having paranoia after unprotected sex. I was a virgin *DELETED* new
      #276016 - 04/18/14 09:45 AM

Post deleted by crabman

Anxiety92
New User

Re: I'm have been having paranoia after unprotected sex. I was a virgin new
      #276017 - 04/18/14 09:58 AM

Yes but how accurate is a 5 week test?? Do you know I just want answers

crabmanModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: I'm have been having paranoia after unprotected sex. I was a virgin *DELETED* new
      #276018 - 04/18/14 10:18 AM

Post deleted by crabman

Anxiety92
New User

#276020 - 04/18/14 11:24 AM

Thank you I have been having so much anxiety. I wish I would have taken a 6 week test instead 5 week to have more peace of mind.

anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #276021 - 04/18/14 02:09 PM

As crabman mentioned to you earlier, get some help. Your anxiety and paranoid thinking is digging you in deeper and deeper. It is really NOT healthy.

The internet can be a wealth of information, but also very destructive when misinterrpreted. Get off the internet, as happy as we are that you found us here at thebody, it is also concerning that your doing the symptom surf. When HIV is the front of your thinking and everything you read or see relates directly to HIV.

It's kinda like buying a new white car, you think it quite unique but suddenly eveywhere you drive, theres white cars. You see every white car now because before they were not part of your thinking, they just blended in. HIV was always around you in the same places you mentioned, just that you never noticed it!

Go to your local sexual health centre or HIV support centre, they have counsellors there that will help you with your thinking, what to do, how to care for yourself. They will also refer you to someone who can assist in your paranoia and mental anxiety issues. Talk to your family doctor or GP, they too can refer you for assistance!

This is snowballing for you and if you don't get help soon, could lead to alot of legal issues you do not need in your present state. Stalking and harrassing people is bad news. It might look like your just desperate for information from the person involved, but it's safer to seek out the help from professionals!

Good luck!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #276025 - 04/18/14 02:40 PM

You can have the peace of mind NOW . It's a matter of choice. Open your grip and let the paranoia go.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Anxiety92
New User

Re: I'm have been having paranoia after unprotected sex. I was a virgin. pulling out hair new
      #276031 - 04/18/14 07:14 PM

Thanks you guys. However I'm still nervous about going to get tested again. I'm calm for now. I no later in tonight it will explode.

Since you guys are familiar with this forum and hiv testing. How accurate is my 5 week test?? And will change at 8 weeks??

anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: I'm have been having paranoia after unprotected sex. I was a virgin. pulling out hair new
      #276032 - 04/19/14 03:04 PM

Your tests were accurate, nothing is happening, your okay! You will pick and pick at this until you go for another test so just go, they won't deny you testing ever, but if it will set your mind at ease ... do it ... but when it is neg too, drop it then!

Take what you have learned, not from the symptom surf though, from the doctors or prefessionals testing you and apply it to your life and future sexual encounters.

It is hard to assess how you were raised regarding sex and premarital sex ... could you be just feeling guilt that you had this encounter, I mean after all you started out thinking you could be pregnant, from a no ejaculation encounter! Then you turned to an STD / STI / HIV situation, and that is coming up negative.

Since you were a virgin, young and in college ... I believe that is where you need to start fixing, shedding the guilt of the encounter. You did nothing wrong in losing your virginity, you obviously were not ready ... but your only human, and you gave in to boyfriend pressure, your body talking to you, the moment ... whatever ... stop beating yourself up over it and move on with your life.

Even the college your attending should have some on site medical and counselling help for you to ask questions ... about virginity, sexual health, guilt ... seek out those resources too. Like I said before, the internet can be a wealth of information but misinterpreted can be very detrimental to your mental and physical well being!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Anxiety92
New User

#276034 - 04/19/14 05:01 PM

Quote:

Your tests were accurate, nothing is happening, your okay! You will pick and pick at this until you go for another test so just go, they won't deny you testing ever, but if it will set your mind at ease ... do it ... but when it is neg too, drop it then!

Take what you have learned, not from the symptom surf though, from the doctors or prefessionals testing you and apply it to your life and future sexual encounters.

It is hard to assess how you were raised regarding sex and premarital sex ... could you be just feeling guilt that you had this encounter, I mean after all you started out thinking you could be pregnant, from a no ejaculation encounter! Then you turned to an STD / STI / HIV situation, and that is coming up negative.

Since you were a virgin, young and in college ... I believe that is where you need to start fixing, shedding the guilt of the encounter. You did nothing wrong in losing your virginity, you obviously were not ready ... but your only human, and you gave in to boyfriend pressure, your body talking to you, the moment ... whatever ... stop beating yourself up over it and move on with your life.

Even the college your attending should have some on site medical and counselling help for you to ask questions ... about virginity, sexual health, guilt ... seek out those resources too. Like I said before, the internet can be a wealth of information but misinterpreted can be very detrimental to your mental and physical well being!

OMG. Thanks so much. I think you are right. Its just the paranoia of him maybe having something and not know it because of not having any symptoms. I think you are right it is guilt of losing my virginity and I understand its nothing wrong. Its just I'm scared of me doing something like that will cause me harm because my dad is pastor and I just don't want my family to find out I'm having sex. I think I may contract something or get pregnant because what I have done. I feel like if that happens all of my business will be in the light. I think I do need further counseling

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3704

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3