Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Worrier82

Reged: 04/01/14
symptom hunting...
      #275908 - 04/06/14 01:53 PM

so yesterday i woke up feeling really good thinking okay...i had a very low risk/no risk, i do know that so far the guy has tested hiv negative....but then my mind spiralled back into thinking oh yah though i had symptoms....i had a dry throat for a month, excessive nosebleeds followed (about 5 in one month)...oh and the timing...this dry throat started exactly 2 weeks from the "supposed encounter"...experneced few times dizziness, light headedness, headaches and lets not forget odd bowel movements, i think diarreah too...now everyone can anxiety is to blame for some of these things as i have been worrying for months straight....but its been about a month now that i have NOT experienced dry throat, nosebleeds, or dizziness...so if my anxiety is still on high then why would the symptoms have just disappeared? my brain is just so confused. how can i get my mind on track here? my test is this Friday (only few more days) i am just praying and wishing that i get the result i want. based on my risk, it SHOULD be that....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: symptom hunting... new
      #275909 - 04/06/14 03:41 PM

Non of those symptoms are related to Hiv. So if I was you I'd look at other avenues instead of wasting your energy on Hiv.

Worrier82

#275910 - 04/06/14 06:54 PM

are you sure i have read online that these type of things happen when someone seroconverts...and that dry throat came on about 2 weeks after....the timing sounds similar....:(

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #275913 - 04/07/14 10:03 AM

Online symptom surfing again ... look up symptoms to stress, anxiety and depression!!! Well I'll be damned, they are all the symptoms your having ... now that sounds similar too .... hmmm!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Worrier82

#275919 - 04/07/14 12:54 PM

i know another day...:(

i really just wanna go now and test but i am at 86 days and not the full 90 and with my OCD i'll be an idiot and question it and wanna test again in a few days which is just completely a waste and not very realistic. so i have to try to hold it together for another few days...*trying in the key word....oh and i think i just popped a boil on my leg

Worrier82

#275924 - 04/08/14 04:51 PM

unbelievable with a few days to go for my 90 day test i have yet again another dry throat. my body can't knock something going on. sinuses etc? i dunno...i'm about to give up!

woundedrhymes

Reged: 01/21/14
Loc: Toronto
      #275926 - 04/08/14 05:24 PM

Quote:

unbelievable with a few days to go for my 90 day test i have yet again another dry throat. my body can't knock something going on. sinuses etc? i dunno...i'm about to give up!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all symptoms supposed to only last 1-2 weeks after appearing within 2-4 weeks? I keep reading about people experiencing symptoms past that stage without someone telling them that it's not ARS/seroconversion related...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 741

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3