Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Worrier82

Reged: 04/01/14
mouth bump!!!
      #275893 - 04/04/14 12:53 PM

okay a bit panicky...
for years i been getting these tiny bumps in the back of my mouth like a pimple and it pops and goes away and i got one recently and this bump is red now and and not going away after a few days...i am reading about hiv mouth sores etc. i had blood taken on monday (left a bit of a bruise) it was not checking for hiv but other stuff and i have no call back yet from the doc (good sign)....so a few questions...i wanna go take an hiv test next friday (thats my 90 days)....hoping that if i don't hear from any blood work from monday thats a good sign...levels normal etc. I'm just panicky! i know i had a low/no risk but i can't shake the thought that my symptoms are related! help!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: mouth bump!!! *DELETED* *DELETED* new
      #275894 - 04/04/14 01:03 PM

Post deleted by crabman

Worrier82

Re: mouth bump!!! new
      #275895 - 04/04/14 01:05 PM

i really hope you are right crab man.
i do apologize though cause you did mention in a post you were positive and i in no way am trying to be disrespectful, or rude to those who are infected its just this fear is over the top out of control. many of my friends are saying to simply move on and not even bother with the test but with my OCD it is not an option for me. sorry if i i have offended ANY of you on this board in any way. that was never my intention.

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #275905 - 04/05/14 01:19 PM

As crabman as told you over and over again ... you had no risk. It is not offending anyone to talk about HIV what is offending is that you are NOT taking the advice and using it to the best of your ability.

You think you have HIV and your now micro-managing your body, every little pinch and itch will be HIV related ... in your thinking ONLY, because you read somewhere in your symptom surf online. Well surf your butt over to your local Sexual health clinic and get informed, talk to a trained professional who will infact tell you everything you heard on here is true. No risk!

Put your energy to getting informed and educated, and take that knowledge forward with you, so you can enjoy a healthy sex life and not, with every encounter, panic that you may have caught something.

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Worrier82

#275906 - 04/05/14 02:30 PM

thank you for that reply anotherday. it's very thoughtful and encouraging.
i think the better half of me is starting to grasp that i may be okay and realizing i was at a very low risk.
i also had standard blood work done this past monday and as of yet no call from the doc (which means good news)...i know it does NOT detect HIV but my hope is that should of something been related to HIV that this other blood work would of shown something off etc. the OCD in me. i am sorry. it's just it feels real to me when i feel my head is hurting or i get this or that symptom, i can't exactly EXPLAIN it but i FEEL it....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 902

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3