Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Worrier82

Reged: 04/01/14
hiv infection through pimple??
      #275853 - 04/01/14 07:48 PM

hi all i have a very i guess rare situation that happened to me and was hoping some of you can shed some light on it? so i was in bed with a guy and overnight he must of cut himself or something cause when he woke up he had a cut and now i can't help but think did i cut him? did i have his blood on my fingers? i definitely rubbed/popped a pimple behind my ear that night (lights were out) during bed sometimes so now I'm panicked with fear thinking did i rub his blood into my ear? he tested few weeks after that negative so i felt a little relieved but then i thought what if he was with someone and caught hiv right before me...the timing...the test wouldn't show it etc. during these past few months i have had some very odd symptoms such a dry throat for a month, excessive nosebleeds, some light headedness, digestive issues, constipation, nervous stomach, chills etc.

my 90 days is coming up on April 11th. I am very nervous and panicked despite ppl say it will be fine and that I will test negative. How do I get through this guys? and to the experts here...can we talk about that risk?
thank you i really appreciate it...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dunkel

Reged: 02/09/14
Re: hiv infection through pimple?? new
      #275855 - 04/01/14 08:09 PM

Your only concern for HIV is that the guy you were with had a cut? And that maybe/maybe you didn't rub his blood on your ear, which you don't know was bleeding? Lots of what if's my friend... First off, your fear sounds silly. You know this person, he's told you he doesn't have HIV... He tested negative for HIV... Second off, this happened almost 12 weeks ago? You could go get a standard antibody test done now and have definitive results.

Your symptoms don't sound overly suggestive of ARS. Especially not a nose bleed. ARS comes on generally within 2-4 weeks, and the effects of ARS last only 1-2 weeks. The biggest symptoms being: Fever, Sore throat, Rash, and lymph node swelling. Guess what? You never mentioned any of those. You're good dude. Stop stressing. And stop cutting people in their sleep. It's not nice!

Worrier82

#275856 - 04/01/14 08:13 PM

thank you for making me smile.

just to clarify though i am sure my pimple was bleeding when i squeezed it, i just dunno if his blood was on my finger that mixed in to get into my blood stream via the ear pimple...:(

well i wanted to test on april 11th cause that will be exactly 90 days from the possible exposure.
i wanna know though, how long does hiv remain infectious outside the body and lets just say he was infectious at the time (if he did have HIV)...wouldnt his test weeks later show that he was positive and not negative?
making sense?

Edited by Worrier82 (04/01/14 08:15 PM)

Dunkel

Reged: 02/09/14
      #275857 - 04/01/14 08:30 PM

If his blood was on your finger (not sure how that could happen when you both are sleeping) it would have been exposed to the air and dried by the time you started to pick at your pimple. So if the unlikely chance he was positive which almost certainly he wasn't, the blood from him, on your finger, could not have infected you. Not at all. HIV is very fragile outside of it's host. He would have had to have a gaping wound (and be infected), with blood basically pouring into your pimple in order for any infection to occur in the manner you're talking about. And even then, the likelihood of you getting infected would still be VERY slim.

No chance of infection bro! I can't believe that has you stressing over HIV! Your chances of getting struck by lightning, or hit my a meteor are greater than contracting HIV that way. Do wear condoms if you're sexually active with this person. I hope this helps.

Worrier82

#275858 - 04/01/14 08:38 PM

its helpful thank you.
i only have 9 days to go to test. very nervous for it.
my symptoms mainly drive my fear.
also noticed this guy has lost about 30 lbs in 3 months...i know he's been eating healthy and stuff but i also see his weight loss as a possible reason to believe he's positive....
all these things going on in my mind. wish it would just stop.
anyone else wanna weigh in on this?

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #275859 - 04/01/14 10:41 PM

Alrighty then. No one in the history of HIV has gotten HIV from an open pimple that someone might have rubbed with a bit of blood on a finger.

1) HIV once outside it's environment, quickly becomes unable to infect.
2) Any blood on your finger would be exposed to air....see number 1
3) Weight loss? Yes sometimes in the late stages of AIDS, but I have progressed to AIDS after 18 years. I can't get rid of this extra 20 lbs I've gained over the years.
4) If you look at how HIV is transmitted, you would notice that risk behavior that can transmit the virus involves transmission within the body, such as unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse.

Your situation is not considered a risk, but your test in 9 days will show that.

crabmanModerator

#275860 - 04/01/14 10:47 PM

Dunkle:

'First off, your fear sounds silly.'

'I can't believe that has you stressing over HIV!'

Dunkle, you had protected sex and a negative test at 8 weeks when people actually infected will test positive by 6 weeks. Many can and have said the same thing about you.

Too bad you can't take the same advice you so freely give.

Worrier82

#275862 - 04/02/14 12:41 PM

crabman, can i ask a question?
lets say the guy was infectious when i was with him....would he more than likely show positive after a few weeks on his test? we were together on jan 11th and he tested on Feb 15th....

Worrier82

#275876 - 04/02/14 07:03 PM

???

crabmanModerator

Re: hiv infection through pimple?? *DELETED* new
      #275877 - 04/02/14 07:06 PM

Post deleted by crabman

Worrier82

#275879 - 04/02/14 07:18 PM

thank you crab for that response it's only a matter of days now that you will hopefully prove me right!!!

Worrier82

#275885 - 04/03/14 11:28 AM

I can test today? It's not 90 days yet tho...
Exposure would have been jan 11. Don't I have to wait til April 11???

crabmanModerator

Re: hiv infection through pimple?? *DELETED* new
      #275886 - 04/03/14 03:15 PM

Post deleted by crabman

Worrier82

#275888 - 04/03/14 05:54 PM

Ok well I'm just going to stick to next weeks test then.
Thanks for the advice tho crab man
It's my symptoms more than the risk that have me worried!
my bowel movements are far from normal these days

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1571

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3