Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Skindeep08

Reged: 03/09/14
13 weeks Negative, but stupid sexual choices
      #275632 - 03/09/14 01:04 AM

Hello,

Back in December I had unprotected receptive anal sex with a guy whose status I don't know. Approx 12 hours after intercourse ulcers in my perianal region appeared, few days after that I had fever, nausea, swollen lymph nodes abdominal pain, joint paint and most of this symptoms persisted for over a month ....7 weeks post possible exposure I developed itchy, blotchy rashes on my chest ( four in the last month) in the same area. I tested negative for HIV 13 weeks post possible exposure and all other STDs came back Negative but Syphilis which I was treated for over a year ago and came back "weak reactive" after what I believe was a successful treatment . But yesterday I developed another rash on my left shoulder.....so all these, persistent rashes combined with generalized swollen lymph nodes for over three months now, are making me thing that my 13 week negative result is not as conclusive as it usually is.

The worst part is that I have engaged in (protected) sexual activity exclusively with this guy (twice since the incident) I am not in love with him, sex is bad and I don't feel that attracted to him but despite the symptoms and my daily concerns about HIV and STDs in general, I keep gravitating towards him . IDK what to do in order to get away from him ,even if I didn't catch HIV from him, he is not someone I should be even looking at nor having any sort of sexual interaction with.

Anyways, should I take my 13 weeks neg test conclusive? This persistent rashes ,swollen lymph node , joint paint and burning sensation on my back when laying down are driving me crazy!

I feel so stupid about this whole situation! Why would I jump in bed with the person I believed might have infected me with HIV? who I don't love nor care about emotionally, with whom I have very little in common? Like what's wrong with me?!? I am sorry, but I needed to put this out there!

Edited by Skindeep08 (03/09/14 01:30 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: 13 weeks Negative, but stupid sexual choices new
      #275633 - 03/09/14 08:54 AM

First of all , you have beat yourself up enough over this. Why you feel the need to continue to interact with this person is something that you need to look deep within yourself. We all have an inner desire to have someone in our lives. Many times we look in the wrong places. If you want to talk more about this sensitive issues feel free to pm me . As for your testing results, if you continue to doubt the results , just re-test within a specific time frame that you feel comfortable about. And perhaps have some discussion with this other person to find out his STD history , if any . But do take some time out for yourself for inner seeking. You don't want to continue toberate yourself. You deserve to feel better about yourself. Again pm me if you want to talk more .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1202

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3