Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
goodfriend

Reged: 03/03/14
diarrhea, itching, pricking after sexual encounter without penile penetration
      #275557 - 03/03/14 03:55 PM

50yo male, straight, theretofore healthy, more than ten years ago tested negative, one faithful female partner before and after that test . 3 weeks ago encounter with 40 yr old female of unknown HIV status, no sexual penetration, in fact did not even undress self. Some french kissing, Heavy fingering in her vagina for 20 minutes. One lick with tongue on clitoris for 1/2 second at end of session. Had bitten own tongue a few days ago, felt sore at tongue tip. Floss extensively every day, gums may be wounded between teeth Felt acid taste of vaginal liquids. Washed mouth. End of session.
Exactly a week later 1 1/2 days of explosive diarrhea, preceded and followed by twitching, pricking, tingling and itching and localized burning feelings in face, neck, legs, arms, all over the body, some muscle pain and some pain under armpits, at times heavier. All of these neuropathy-like symptoms do not seem to be going away or subside with time two weeks after diarrhea episode. No other symptoms to speak of (a fleeting slight headache, no particular tiredness, no apparent fever though did not measure, tongue red and clean of spots, no mouth sores, no body or genital sores, no rush, no diarrhea or other gastrointestinal other than episode at 1 week, no sore throat)
I think it is too early to test and am short of money, no health insurance, tests cost money will save mine for six weeks test.
Must be some kind of virus. Could it be HIV, Hepatitis of some sort (been given HAV and HBV monoclonal antibody vaccines 19 years ago), CMV or Mononucleosis, or some enterovirus which triggered celiac or colitis ?
Do homealone blood or saliva tests work, and at how many weeks the earliest ?
Of course scared like everyone.
Thanx for any advice.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: diarrhea, itching, pricking after sexual encounter new
      #275558 - 03/03/14 07:17 PM

If I understand you correctly, you didn't have sex.

goodfriend

#275562 - 03/03/14 09:56 PM

You understood correctly, I corrected original text as well.
No sexual penetration took place, as I did not even undress myself, my genitalia was not exposed or touched. Only my right hand fingers and my mouth were exposed, to the extend I described. Specifically, I used my fingers as a penis in repeated and protracted penetration of her vagina. Obviously fingers were unprotected.
I certainly got something, question is - what ? From reading people's description of seroconversion symptoms, I feel that symptoms fit HIV.

smithsonian10

Reged: 03/02/14
      #275568 - 03/04/14 12:27 PM

Check my post: http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=275542.
Familiar or not?

goodfriend

#275569 - 03/04/14 02:00 PM

I checked your post, I had read it yesterday in fact, but my symptoms are quite limited compared to yours. Nothing in particular is happening in the perineum area, only some twitching and prickling in the groin area. Most of the time something of the kind of twitching, pricking (needle like sharp localized pain) or itching or hurting, as in muscle pain, is happening somewhere on my body, mostly in extremities, lasting several seconds, but not simultaneously with other sensations except randomly so. It is mostly one at a time. Everything under my tongue and lower cheeks feels like it is boiling and moving or feeling numb. When my armpits or underside of upper arms hurt, it lasts minutes or even tens of minutes, but that is about it. I cannot tell if lymph nodes are swollen, but they probably are not. No sores, no stomach cramps, no pimples, no boils, no mouth ulcers, no rashes, no red eyes. It seems to be purely neurological, or if it is some process within lymph nodes, it does not make them swell, at least as far as I can tell.

heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
      #275570 - 03/04/14 02:21 PM

If all of your concerns are based on the one time without sexual penetration; and just vaginal digit penetration your risk are very very almost non-existent to the HIV virus..the only reason I didn't say "I doubt it very seriously" was just in case you had some exposure Im not aware of...Your symptoms could be anything from stress, neurological as you mentioned. You would be really surprised to know how much similiar "symptoms of hiv that stress causes. Your brain can actually activate stress to the point of having all your symptoms. However, to be on the safe side and to eliminate your ongoing concern and stress..why don't you just make an appointment with your primary physician. Explain to them your symptoms and concerns...could be a mulititude of things...but my opinion..very doubtful it's HIV...at least during this sexual encounter which didn't include sex.

goodfriend

#275574 - 03/04/14 02:41 PM

Thanx many. I am not in the US and in the small city I live in I would prefer not to see any physicians, lest it turns out to be something more than stress related. I did manage to put vaginal fluid in my mouth, however limited in quantity, and did have the couple of days of diarrhea exactly a week after the encounter. Also my "digit" throbbing involved pretty heavy friction, and one would thing that the upper side fingers' skin is not as tough as the lower one, conceivably micro-traumas could happen similarly to penile skin. She is a friend and not a prostitute, first time we got together this way, but she is a single mother and we live far from each other, so I cannot keep tabs on her sexual life, let alone it's none of my business.
It would appear that chances are there for some kind of transmission to have taken place, not necessarily HIV, because the temporal pattern - diarrhea a week after - fits the transmission scenario. My main question to you experts is, regardless of the chances based on the description of the act, could these be symptoms of HIV infection ? has it ever occurred to anyone initially HIV infected to get symptoms as soon as on the week after the act, involving only a short bout of diarrhea followed by two weeks and going, of neurological stuff (though the armpit pain could suggest lymph node involvement) but no fever or other symptoms associated with flue-like diseases and no apparent mouth or skin effects (yet) ?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2366

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3