Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Vols99
New User

Reged: 01/24/14
Broken condom
      #275010 - 01/24/14 08:56 PM

1 week ago today I had protected sex. When finished I noticed the condom broke. I was scared. 2 days later same female was giving me oral sex. During this I noticed a spot on the head of my penis. Looked like a lesion or bruise. So I went to the doc for a hsv test. Not sure yet. But now I'm worried about HIV. At day 6 had a pinkish looking rash I guess on stomach and thighs. Now on day seven I have a rash on wrist and hands. Also there's burning in arms and back and buttocks area. Is this acute ars? Could the possibility of hsv speed up the acute phase. Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Broken condom new
      #275011 - 01/24/14 08:59 PM

YOUR STRESSING OUT IS NOT HELPING. iT'S ACTUALLY CREATING " SYMPTOMS " YOU DID RIGHT BY GETTING TESTED BY YOUR DR, NOW JUST RELAX AS BEST YOU CAN AND WAIT FOR THE RESULT.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Vols99
New User

#275013 - 01/24/14 09:19 PM

Does it sound like ars? I'm so scared. Waiting on blood work for herpes. But I'm sure it's what it is. But I think I'm have acute HIV symptoms. Do these happen 1 week after being infected?

crabmanModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/10/11
      #275019 - 01/25/14 09:59 AM

Nope doesn't sound like ARS. If someone would experience ARS they would do so typically between 2 and 4 weeks. Not in a week. Secondly it's a viral infection. One of the things that happens when a person is fight off a viral infections is a HIGH fever....maybe. Maybe not. A person could have major symptoms of ARS and think they have the flu. That's a logical assumption since that is what ARS is most like. Lot's of people don't have any symptoms of ARS or they are so mild they just don't pay them any attention.

It's because of all the above that trying to figure out your status by symptoms is a waste of time. I've seen so many people on here tick off this symptom and that symptom convinced that means they have HIV, only to find when they get their test results, that they are indeed HIV negative.

Did you know stress can cause rashes?

Vols99
New User

#275020 - 01/25/14 10:30 AM

I am very stressed. She says she's been tested and negative. Not sure if I have hsv2 but having every symptom except blisters. Tingling and itching. What scares me is they say it's more lIkely to get HIV from someone who has hsv. If that person is infected. So I'm having a hard time emotionally.

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275022 - 01/25/14 10:38 AM

Listen sweeti, If you read every posting where everyone has the same symptoms and they swore they were infected but when they finally took a test or even saw a doctor, they find out that it's been a case of stress. So please just go to your dr and put your mind at ease finally.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1258

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3