Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
change33

Reged: 01/23/14
shaving risk ?
      #274947 - 01/23/14 05:33 AM

I had 2 partners over Dec/Jan IN A NUTSHELL my lady friend and I were tested NOV 15 and we were both negative. We engaged in sex with no condom. her last interaction was 5months prior I had no visible complications we had sex Dec. I had another infrequent partner I shaved and protected sex in Jan. She did give me oral sex with out a condom. I cleaned up and that was that . 2 or 3 days later I noticed a burning in my penis

I since have been treated but have had 1 bout of diarrhea due to the medication. Then it stopped then a few days in between i had a strange bout of bad diarrhea only that day.
currently my symptoms include:

first was a burning or tingling sensation by my ribs on the right side , a kind of painful sensitivity to touch especially cold . No rash or anything . Its since subsided.
1 random bump on my fore arm no apparent reason I saw another come up but subsided once i ignored it. The bump is slow in going away and has a scab now after i messed with it.
1 random bout of Diarrhea
This one I'm not to sure about this cuz my paranoia is now setting in I keep feeling my glands constantly for signs. Wouldn't you know it today i feel 1 of my glands by my groin has swollen. Its the only one but its not heavily swollen but I do feel mild stabs there.
I'm at a loss and stressed now as it seems this isn't going away and things keep showing up . Im awaiting a copy of my friends s last HIV test done in NOV......but since then was she infected prior to sleeping with me is lingering on my mind.

II'm stressed and haven't slept more than a 3 hours a night in 2 weeks . I'm wondering the likely hood of catching an STD and or HIV through irritated skin. Can the fluid secreted during sex from a woman get you HIV and is it possible to get another STD? I'm having every one test all over again for my sanity. Im looking for some knowledgeable insight maybe its a placebo, but I've lost hope at this point and have to keep this to myself.

My steady girls (yes I know , I know) has exhibited symptoms and was tested but only about 15 to 20 days in . This came back negative. Symptoms she spoke of were different from what I'm experiencing. But on the dreaded list none the less.

Edited by change33 (01/29/14 07:14 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sillygirl2014

Reged: 01/15/14
Re: shaving risk Chlamydia yes ...HIV pending? new
      #274949 - 01/23/14 05:42 AM

Come on babe pull your self together and shake off this anxiety...,

Yes thats all it is, is anxiety.

You had protected intercourse so therefore you was not at any risk.

Shaving before sex is no risk at all and remember you was wearing protection.

change33

#274962 - 01/23/14 09:43 AM

I'm assuming you're not a doctor and I truly appreciate the vote of confidence. This is life changing . I've never gotten any STD so getting Chlamydia and having to disclose it to protect my people was difficult but necessary. I feel awful about it.

I still have to get to the bottom of the Chlamydia and where it came from. Luckily I only have 2 people to consider PAPs were done and they've been treated . jUst awaitng results. Im watching every thing happening with my body right now canker sore (which i do get from time to time) and the random bump on my arm and now the gland thing. This is enough to drive you crazy. I;m getting tested again . Im just thinking the dates would make this irrelevant its not even a month.

Anyway like I said my days of multiple friends/lovers are behind me. This punch in the stomach i needed.

sillygirl2014

Reged: 01/15/14
      #274966 - 01/23/14 02:08 PM

No I am not a doctor nor am I proper indepth on the subject unlike crabman and riverprincess.

At least chlamydia is cureable unlike HIV.

You was never at risk of hiv as you used protection and the things happening to your body is caused by anxiety

change33

#274968 - 01/23/14 03:22 PM

I think its more than that than as the days go on I'm getting other symptoms. Currently Ive checked today and have 3 small mouth sores. I dod get these but i think never notice them but as I'm checking more often than not 3 since yesterday seems off. BTW Crabb man or Rp what do you think ? Does what she says make sense ?

Edited by change33 (01/29/14 07:10 PM)

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #274969 - 01/23/14 03:37 PM

As long as you and your lady friend tested 3 months past any exposure and didn't have any other exposures, then you don't need to worry about the unprotected sex you had with her.

As far as the protected sex. It's just that, protected.

AS far as Chlamydia, condom use reduces the risk of transmission.

Your canker sores don't sound like anything that would point to either HIV or Chlamydia.

change33

#274976 - 01/23/14 05:18 PM

Appreciate the response . I'll update you tomorrow as its my "d day" so to speak . I won't be out the woods as i still think I need to get this done up to the allotted 3 months recommended.
Not understanding and speculating feeds the fear. One way or the other some knowledgeable insight , although not definitive does help stem the speculation.
Thank you

change33

...HIV pending? new
      #275139 - 01/30/14 04:45 AM

4 weeks and my girl and i are getting recurring Canker Sores. She was tested but too early to tell. She had classic symptoms and I had a few no the same . Chlamydia confirmed and happened but the threat of HIV lingers . 3 months is a night mare to have to wait and see your body have random issues. So far things have leveled to Canker sores only . Could be we went through ARS and its subsided. My girls not interested in knowing any more she can't take it she"s decided to live and come what may ..... funny thing is I kind of don't blame her. I'm beginning to go against my nature and say the hell with it as well. Its selfish is all i can think of .....stressed out

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3346

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3