Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Jagra13

Reged: 01/20/14
29 day Rapid Hiv Test
      #274865 - 01/20/14 07:29 PM

Hello,

I recently had a one time exposure (insertive vaginal). I tested negative at 29 days with a rapid antibody hiv test. I am aware of the 3 month window period and I'm aware that there is a chance that my results can change after my original test date.

I was just wondering what are the chances that I did not develop antibodies in this 29 day period. I'm feeling anxious because I will not be able to test again for another 6 months even though the window period is 3 months. I heard that it's only people with other conditions (such as having gone through chemotherapy) that form antibodies for hiv after the 4 week period, is this true? Any responses will be appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: 29 day Rapid Hiv Test new
      #274866 - 01/20/14 07:41 PM

Not exactly. Most people will develop antibodies between 4 and 6 weeks. The average time is 25 days. A negative always is a good thing. Also the CDC places your risk at 5 in 10,000 chance of transmission via unprotected sex from an infected source. Taking your negative result and the fact HIV is not that easy to transmit I would think that your final test when you can get it won't change.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1456

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3