Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
peewee

Reged: 01/20/14
am i infected? possible non consensual vaginal penetration and other worries
      #274859 - 01/20/14 11:13 AM

I am female. I only have vaginal sex. I do not give oral without condoms. I only have unprotected sex in committed relationships where testing is done at every 3 month mark.

There are 3 encounters, two of which I am extremely shaky about as I have not been able to assess the risk myself. I will go for testing as per normal every 3 months, but till then I would really appreciate expert advice in case I'm having sleepless nights for nothing.

So here goes the story:
1) I was in a committed monogamous relationship which recently came to an end. Monogamous on my part as I never cheated and hopefully my partner did not either but I guess you just never know.

At the start of our relationship we both tested negative. We eventually made the decision to stop condom use and test every three months, because as it turned out it's quite difficult to use them consistently when you wake up to your partner poking you during the night ready to go go go/ helping himself to your fast asleep body.

Therefore we had unprotected sex all the way until the 8th of November 2013 which is when we resumed full condom use. I tested negative on the 26th of November 2013. We had protected sex again on the 17th of December 2013. That was the last time we had sex.

2) On the 8th of December 2013 I met up with a friend. I expressed multiple times I was not up for sex plus he didn't have a condom so no ways was anything going to happen. We kissed, cuddled and he fingered me. Naked: frottage. But then he tried to slip himself into me. I rejected and got away from him immediately and left for home. So I would say that was possibly a second of possible penetration as I am not even sure if there was any penetration and how far in it went and if there was precum. I know that he was hard, and I kept touching his member so at no point before the incident did I feel any precum, but one can never be too sure. So under the circumstances lets assume that it was one "dip"/ penetration from him into my vagina which I got away from as it was happening and that there was pre-cum. What are the chances of infection from this. I got hold of him again on the 1oth of December 2013 and got him to test which he reluctantly agreed to. He tested negative. I was refused prep otherwise I would have had to report it as a sexual offense.

I tested negative again on the 8 January 2014.

3) Lastly, (this is the 3rd possible exposure. I cut my eyebrow with a razor by accident as I was trying to shape it. An elder family friend touched my blood with their dry hand to rub blood away from my face and rinsed their hand immediately. Can I get anything from them doing that? Their hand was not bleeding at all, but I'm afraid they could have unseen to the eye cuts that have blood that could infect me. I dunno but facts I've read say that open wounds are a route for infection. This happened on the 9th of January 2013.

So for the first incident, if you start counting from the 8th of November 2013 to when I last tested which was on the 8th of January 2014 then that is exactly 62 days/ 9weeks. 2months and 2 days if you count 30 days as a month. 2months and 8 days if you count 28 days as a month. Which means I will have to test on the 30th of January 2014 for the result to be conclusive which is the 3month mark. Do 9 week test turn positive at 12 weeks?

For the second encounter if you start counting from the 8th of December 2013 when it happened to the date of my last test on the 8th January 2014 it should be 32days/ 4 weeks and 4 days. So I would have to test on the 1 March 2014 for a conclusive result. Do 4week 4 day tests have a higher chance of turning positive?

For the 3rd encounter one would start counting from the 9th of January 2014. I would have to test on the 2nd of April for a conclusive result.

Since all of these, the right side of my neck has been stiff otherwise I feel vibrant and healthy. Is this possible ARS and to which encounter should I devote it to? I'm scared it might be a swollen lymph node. How does one tell? I swallow fine. I have had pompholyx on my hands and feet since 2012 it looks worse these days. ARS? And I have a rash on my face and my face which used to be combination is now oily. ARS?

Please help clarify risks for the scenarios.

Edited by peewee (01/20/14 11:16 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: am i infected? possible non consensual vaginal penetration and other worries new
      #274860 - 01/20/14 11:20 AM

Out of all that, the only possible risk you may have had is with the ex-boyfriend and that is assuming he cheated and actually got infected. Which is a long stretch.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1892

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3