Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
JustBreathOk

Reged: 01/19/14
Extremely mortified of the consequences
      #274837 - 01/19/14 02:37 PM

Hello. First of all thanks for reading.

I am 19 years old living in the United States. On December 10th, 2013, I stupidly cheated on my girlfriend with a 20 some year old guy from Craigslist. I gave and recieved unprotected oral for about an hour. He was a massive precum leaker and I was high on weed so I didn't have much saliva to inhibit the virus.

9 days later I had a pimple on my thigh and somehow thought it was HIV. This is when my fear was irrational. I searched about the synptoms and read about swollen lymph nodes. I examined my neck to find a small swollen lymph node under my neck. I went to the emergency room and they confirmed it. They gave me ZPack which did not help as it remains today.

The next thing that happened to me was a series of mouth ulcers, about 3, on my gums. This, I brushed off due to anxiety as ulcers are a result of stress.

The next symptom was bad because I was relieved I did not have it, until it came. Dierrea. This persisted for 2 weeks, and for the last week is still soft and pours out of me. But not liquid anymore.

Next is the rash. I have several skin blotches on my thigh, some with a bump some that are just red. Scarring bumps on my shoulder, chest, and face.

Next is the oral thrush. That is what really is getting me. It is a white coating and my papillie at the back of my tounge is swollen. I scraped alot of it off today and my tounge bled and I noticed smaller bumps on the middle of my tounge. The thrush always comes back though.

I had muscle pain towards the beginning of my scare but its gone. My back is stiff but who knows if I am being irrational there.

The worst part is I had one act of unprotected sex with my gf since and she has since had a sore throat and a fever. 2 weeks later might I add.

I am at a wits end. I tested at 4.5 weeks with a neg result. Tuesday will be 6 weeks and I am going back. I also have HSV2 which I've read increases HIV risk in general. I am only 19 and I've always been one to fuck up, but never did I think this would happen.

I am posting here because I have been to POZ and MedHelp and was insulted by their cold users that won't even talk to you. They copy and paste responses. I am just scared, confused and mortified. I also have vision issues now, everything seems blurry and I cant read as far as usual.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Extremely mortified of the consequences new
      #274838 - 01/19/14 03:05 PM

Oral receiving and giving doesn't carry a very high risk. 1 in 10,000 if you are giving head and 1 in 20,000 if your are receiving. Pretty much it's a theoretical risk. There isn't even a confirmed case of it by receiving.

I'm not going to get into your symptoms, because it's just a waste of time. Everything you listed can be found in numerous other illnesses. Also if you have read as many of these posts as I have you start to see a pattern. People with a boatload of symptoms that ultimately test negative, meaning all those symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

As to your girlfriend, receptive vaginal intercourse carries a risk factor of 10 in 10,000 and that is only considering unprotected sex from an infected source, same as your blow jobs.

It would be very surprising for you to test positive from this.

JustBreathOk

#274845 - 01/19/14 06:37 PM

Thanks for the reply. I know symptoms are very hard to judge HIV, but the fact that they persist to show up after I thought I didn't have them really messes with me. My gf has a huge rash on her back that's way worse then what I experienced. I have one I just now noticed around my lips but look like pimples if you don't really look. I truthfully and honestly believe I have it. I have generally bad oral health, I never keep up with it.

A detail I left out was I had a rawish cut on my lip where the precum was in a sense rubbed into the whole time. And there was a lot of precum. The fever, sore throat, and rash on my gf is even more of a terrible coincidence on top of all this if it isn't true. It's just tough to believe this actually didn't happen to me because the amount of symptoms.

All I have to hold onto is my neg four and a half week test and the odds of oral sex transmission.

crabmanModerator

#274847 - 01/19/14 06:51 PM

Gee I guess with all the reading you have done with symptoms you missed the fact that the number one symptom is a HIGH fever. Most people, me included say it was like the worse flu we ever had. You know...the kind where you feel you would have to be dead 3 days to feel human. Then there is the fact that all they symptoms come and go at one time. They don't linger, hence the word ACUTE in acute retroviral syndrome.

Your 'symptoms' mean nothing and I will tell you again that it's a waste of time trying to pin your so called symptoms to HIV.

JustBreathOk

#274851 - 01/20/14 08:10 AM

Hey I appriciate the hard headed response meant to calm me. But let me explain to you why my fear remains.

First of all my GF had a fever and sore throat. All the symptoms don't happen everytime so maybe it skipped me. I have woken up mildly sweating also.

The thrush. The lymph node. The dierrea. All at once and still persisting. Those are not indicators of HIV alone. But the fact that they are all happening after my first and only gay experience is baffling.

Now, lets assume I have ARS. I know I most likley dont, but if I did, wouldn't my test at 4.5 weeks have been positive since I already experienced symptoms? Also tomorrow is my six weeks, would testing today and any difference?

crabmanModerator

#274853 - 01/20/14 08:52 AM

Ok so your girl friend had a fever and sore throat. Pretty common occurrence this time of year.

Yes, if your symptoms were due to ARS you probably would have tested positive on your last test average length of time to develop antibodies is 25 days. Most people that test positive do so between 4 and 6 weeks.

JustBreathOk

#274854 - 01/20/14 08:59 AM

Well with a rash, lymph node, ulcers, thrush, blurry vision, dierrea for three weeks, constantly growling abdomen, muscle pain which subsided, and blanching its hard to believe you. And my gf has a rash to.

Then again the only thing i can do is test which ill do tommorow. Thanks for answering crabman.

JustBreathOk

#274878 - 01/21/14 09:53 AM

10 inches of snow delayed my test ugh.

Today I awoke with a new rash on my chest, this can't be ARS as I've been having symptoms the whole time and today is 6 weeks. ARS comes quickly and leaves quickly. Am I correct in assuming that since this is a new rash it cant be HIV?

crabmanModerator

#274879 - 01/21/14 09:59 AM

That's right. ARS generally occurs between 2 and 4 weeks. All the symptoms show up at one time and typically resolve in about a week. Most often it is described as a flu from hell.

My guess is you have a rash due to

a)cold weather
b)dry skin
c)stress.

Pick one from above

JustBreathOk

#274880 - 01/21/14 10:19 AM

Thanks for keeping up with me crabman (is that a my name is earl reference?).

I know it's hard to deal with worry wells as it is easy to forget there is a face behind these walls of text. One more thing, is blurry vision a known symptom of acute hiv infection? I noticibly can not read from distances I would easily have read before. I don't know, the reason I keep doubting myself is because I have had a good amount of the symptoms. When it's life threatening it's hard to accept that your okay.

crabmanModerator

#274881 - 01/21/14 10:36 AM

How could blurry vision have anything to do with ARS at 6 weeks? For that matter how could it have anything to do with HIV at all?

Besides that a few other of your so called symptoms are stretching it. ARS symptoms are non-specific. They don't linger and they don't go on forever, yet you still want to cite the symptoms as a cause for concern. Even though they DON"T fit with 'textbook' ARS symptoms. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not going to discuss them anymore. I would suggest you read the older posts and see how many of these people cite symptoms as 'proof' of having HIV, yet test negative. If people that actually have HIV had as many symptoms, there wouldn't be a bunch of people walking around unaware that they have HIV.

If anything, I've noticed the more people go on and on about their symptoms, the less likely that are HIV positive.

Your risk was oral sex without ejaculation. It's a negligible risk at best.

regularguy86

Reged: 01/14/14
      #274886 - 01/21/14 05:22 PM

I would definitely get tested and see a doctor cause obviously somethings wrong, only you know your body. it may not be hiv but your body is telling you somethings wrong. had all those symptoms too but tested neg at 3 months

change33

Reged: 01/23/14
      #275257 - 02/04/14 08:00 AM

I'm still going through something similar . I'm showing restraint from asking questions. It becomes redundant, ANSWER " wait the allotted time and get tested". Unfortunately its too early for me and I can't go through this thing twice. So I decided to wait and get tested once when it makes sense. Mind you mine was with 2 different females 1 tested twice neg pre and post sex and the other is was protected other than oral and I caught Chlamydia from 1 of the 2. The mystery continues as for HIV my girl and I have had all kinds of stuff stomach. canker sores, she's had loose stool/diarrhea, sore throat. Our sleeping patterns have been hills and valleys. Some days I fall asleep at 6pm and wake up 10 pm then I'm up until 2 or 3 then awake again at 530 and I've lost my appetite and have a lingering bump/boil on my arm . Read my past post. DID you tell your girl friend ? You never mentioned that. I had real talk with my girl and came clean with what I did. It takes part of the stress away . i had to take the risk that she would leave, but given my BS it would've been justified. Now your situation is more complex given she may not know you are Bisexual.... I'm blank on the approach for that specifically but your partner knowing of you infidelity does at least level the playing field and is fair to her . Did you get the test result ?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1560

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3