Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Jill89

Reged: 01/12/14
Do I have HIV ?
      #274760 - 01/13/14 12:52 AM

Ok it's a long story I was talking to this man for 6 months we had sex for the first time on OCT 20. 2013 so it was a littler over a year ago we only had sex once I remember the date so well cause the next day he killed hisself , I herd rumors that he killed hisself cause he had Aids , I have not got tested due to I'm a single mom and don't have enough money but I am getting tested in 4 months only cause IV been getting sick and I typed my symptoms in the computer and HIV poped up so I'm a little scared I have been haveing headaches for the past 4 days bad but for the past 6 months my gland or lymph node in my throat will get big like a gulf ball and than go back to normal size well IV had a like ball in my throat for the past 4 days is that a sign of late HIV symptoms

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jill89

Re: Do I have HIV ? new
      #274761 - 01/13/14 12:55 AM

Also last year I got sick with bronchitis 4 times I don't know if it is me just thinkin I have HIV and I'm scared but there was a rumor , can I get signs after a year or how bad are you off in a year of bein affected with HIV?

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #274762 - 01/13/14 08:43 AM

HIV is symptomless after the first few weeks, if there are any symptoms. Then people don't show signs of illness because of HIV for years. Typically between 5 and 10 years. You said you had sex for the first time in October 2013, less than 3 months ago, so you certainly couldn't be displaying symptoms of 'late HIV' if there was even such a thing. Symptoms that show up later in the illness are from the AIDS-defining illnesses, not the virus itself.

Test at 3 months after your last protected encounter to determine your status. That is the ONLY way to find your status. Symptom chasing is highly ineffective.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #274763 - 01/13/14 09:17 AM

There is no way to say how ba off someone is after a year . Many folks go for years wiout symptoms. For example my hubby ad I got infected at the same te. He's never had really symptom and is n on meds whereas I'm on meds due to how progressed in my body. You cgo to your local health department tbe tested for nothing . So don't let finances as a reason to put testing off. You'll be glad to just find out one way or the other. Either way life goes on .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Jill89

#274764 - 01/13/14 11:08 AM

I'm sorry I had sex with this man oct 2012 not 2013 . So even if I had sex once and it was a year ago , headache and swollen lymph nodes are signs of HIV? This man had 3 kids and I hear he had HIV the day after we had sex he did not cum inside me it lasted maybe 5 mins due to I had a headache but I know you can still get HIV threw fluids?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 777

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3