Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
demiurg

Reged: 01/10/14
HIV - HCV risk
      #274737 - 01/10/14 07:45 PM

Hi to all of you,

I have a question regarding hiv and hcv as I had a possible exposure in September. I am a healthy male in mid 20ies. On 5th of september I had an anal insertive-receptive intercourse with another man of unknown hiv status.

Symptoms:
Approximately month and a half later I developed symptoms of chlamydia.
Few days before that I had 2-3 episodes of intense muscle pain in my legs and I literally had to stop walking/cycling and sit on a bech to rest my muscles.
After taking care of chlamydia with antibiotics I developed involuntary muscle contractions which persist even today. They seem to appear mostly in the evening, legs are affected the most. They are mild, painless, but irritating. I am not sure if it is because of stress and worry about infection, or an underlying medical condition.
Around week 10 -I developed white tongue which persists till today. I am sure it is not thrush as it is not from the sides, it looks more like some kind of oral-lichen. Pic here: http://imgur.com/4Z3H9hA . It doesn't even go away with brushing, it just becomes less white for a while.
I had one episode of night sweats. Also mild, I just woke up in the middle of the night and I was a bit wet. I also remember having a nightmare upon waking up.
During NYE I went out with friends and there was alcohol and some amphetamines involved. During the night and morning I experienced prolonged sharp pain in my spleen and liver area. Went to the ER because I was sure my spleen had ruptured. Since they saw I am not dying they let me go. During the same night, 2 watery blisters appeared on both of my middle fingers. Also one slightly different appeared on upper side of my pinky, but it may have appeared difference because of the skin. They have passed since then.
Aso after NYE I seem to have gotten few new moles on my body, which sounds unbelievable but true, even two next to my left eyes. I was sure they weren't here before. They are small brown dots. I seem to have quite few of them on my back and torso, and neck. While brushing my teeth a while a go I noticed a flat dark-red dot in my mouth: http://imgur.com/s5VooLW
Currently, I feel generally okay amid this constant fear of infection and seemingly unrelated symptoms.

Now to the tests:
On week 8 I went to do a physical examination and doctor told me I had elevated liver enzymes. ALT 200, AST 161. After the test I was also prescribed with antibiotics for Chlamydia (azithromycin & ciprofloxacin) which cured chlamydial infection. Immediately after my physical I went to the care centre and tested negative for HIV and HCV using Orasure swab tests. This was week 8.
On week 9 I came back to my clinic to do numerous tests to find out causes of elevated liver enzymes. Anti-HCV, HBsAg, Anti-HBs, CMV, EBV, VZV, electrophoresis, immunoelectrophoresis, feritin, ceruloplasmin, copper in serum, alfa-1-antitripsin, ANA, ANCA, LKM, AMHA, TSH, T3, T4.They were all normal/non reactive, anti-HBS was positive, but HBsAg negative. EBV VCA Igg and EBNA Igg were positive. Ceruloplasmin was slightly lower at 0.18 g/L (ref: 0.22-0,40).
On week 11 I went to the anonymous care centre and tested negative for HCV ag-ab, HIV ag-ab, HBsAg. This were blood tests.
On 14 week mark I went to the clinic once again and tested negative for HCV ag-ab and HIV ag-ab (to obtain post week-13 results:)
Few days ago on week 18 - I repeated my liver enzymes and they were all within their normal ranges. Only ALP slightly lower then recommended. Doctor said this is nothing serious.

So to the conclusion. I have a history of alcohol and coce/amphetamine use. Not daily, but few times a year while partying. I have never injected any drugs. I believe not to be immunocompromised as I am usually never sick, fever, flu etc. I am just extremely puzzled about my situation. I fear that my tests might not be conclusive, even though all references are pointing out to HIV being conclusive, and HCV, well.... liver seems normal now. I am slightly confused about everything. What I know for sure is to get tested both for HIV and HepC at least twice during the course of next 3 months:). If anybody could shed some light on the situation I'd be extremely thankful. If you would like me to share some of the test results I'd be happy to. Also, if you indicate I should do some specific tests regarding other diseases please tell so.

Thank you very much in advance

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
demiurg

Re: HIV - HCV risk new
      #274753 - 01/12/14 09:52 AM

No one with an advice?

Edited by demiurg (01/12/14 09:52 AM)

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: HIV - HCV risk *DELETED* new
      #274754 - 01/12/14 12:58 PM

Post deleted by crabman

demiurg

Re: HIV - HCV risk new
      #274755 - 01/12/14 02:33 PM

Crabman, I am hoping for this to be true! I am seeing a psychologist regarding my exposure and these strange symptoms. I seriously hope HIV is not in question here. I will test tomorrow again.

Thanks for replying.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1744

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3