Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
WorriedGgirl

Reged: 12/11/13
Fever and sore throat, I am scared!
      #274529 - 12/23/13 09:37 AM

I contact a guy from craigslist. I went to his house and we had sex, and I felt my vagina opening tearing a bit (I hadn't had sex in a while), we use a condom, he went soft and pull out, no condom slippage. Then we started talking, and we were smocking, and he was playing with the lighter, playing with the flame and touching it with his fingers. Then we started to get busy again and he fingered me because we didn't have more condoms and I say no to sex without one. I give him a hand job while he was fingering me. The thing is that I am scared because he didn't wear latex globes while fingering me, and he was playing with the lighter and now I think "what if I got hiv from the fingering?" I stay firm on condom always on, and he didn't penetrate me without one, but he did finger me without latex gloves, I didn't realize about the lighter playing till later. I knew that my vagina was tear because it hurted, in the moment and the day after the event, but I saw no blood when I clean myself. I am really scared. I asked him about hiv, he got tested a couple of years ago in Canada. (I don't know if he burnt his finger with the lighter or not, but I know that he played with the flame a couple of times, touching it, and then after lets say 10 minutes he was fingering me, can I get HIV from that?)
I am going crazy because I have temperature and a sore throat and it has been three weeks since the one night stand. I know these could be early symptoms of hiv. Do you think I am at risk or that this symptoms are unrelated? Yesterday I almost had a breakdown, I am worried.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Fever and sore throat, I am scared! new
      #274530 - 12/23/13 10:11 AM

The answers you received from your last post haven't changed. Since you are having trouble accepting the fact that fingering is not considered a risk, I would suggest you get a test at 6 weeks.

I would also suggest you stop hooking up with people you pick up off of Craigslist. You could be putting your life in danger.

WorriedGgirl

Reged: 12/11/13
      #274532 - 12/23/13 12:56 PM

I didn't hook up with a new guy, it is the same situation. I was calm but then I got sick and I was so anxious about it. I am anxious about it. I know it can be a random infection, but my mind keeps telling me what if the condom broke, what if there was precum in his fingers and I didn't notice, what if while putting the condom on some precum got on the outside of the condom. I am scared, I guess I am overreacting. The thing is that I am unemployed, I have no health insurance, I have no close family who can help me out, and my boyfriend dumped me, so I have no one and I am pretty scared. Sorry to bother all of you, but I am alone and scared, and I don't just hook up with guys, but I was sad and I did something stupid, and now I am scared. I know this can be stress related but I got sick at three weeks time from this one night stand and I am scared, probably overreacting, probably being crazy and hypochondriac but I need reassurance. This and calling the HIV line is reassuring for me. I know I have anxiety issues and I am working on them. Hope you can understand.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #274533 - 12/23/13 02:30 PM

I know this is the same situation. That's why I told you the answers hadn't changed. My point about Craigslist was that you have done this and got very lucky. Did it occur to you that the guy could have been some serial rapist....or killer? You might not be so lucky if you continue that practice.

HIV loses it's ability to infect within just a few seconds once it is exposed to air so there isn't a reason to be concerned about pre-cum on his fingers.

You need to stop with all these 'what-if's'. All it is doing is causing you to become more anxious, and yes, that stress is probably showing up as physical symptoms. The only person that can calm yourself down, is yourself, it is not up to us or the HIV hotline to repeatedly have to assure you, besides it doesn't seem to be working for you.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #274542 - 12/24/13 09:32 AM

Just see all of this as a learning experience and know that it's ok to move forward with your life dear. the holidays are here , just be wise with whatever you get involved with.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1369

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3