Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Reez79

Reged: 09/23/13
If a woman bleeds during vaginal sex does that increase the risk of hiv?
      #274402 - 11/18/13 03:05 PM

A woman I met almost a week ago we had unprotected sex twice and she started bleeding. She claimed it was cause of a tumor on her lower stomach or uterus. Can't remember where she said its at. I'm 29 and she 40. We had sex yesterday.

I'm now worried and praying this woman doesn't have hiv. She bled on my penis and we had unprotected sex twice. She stays in a shelter. She claims they test all the women in there but I have no idea if that's true or not. Does her bleeding increase the risk of hiv or any other stds

I can't find any data that says if the risk increases if the woman is bleeding. Should I go to the emergency and demand pep? She says she clean and the only health problem she has is the tumor. What should I do?
I can't believe I put myself in this situation again

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: If a woman bleeds during vaginal sex does that increase the risk of hiv? new
      #274403 - 11/18/13 04:34 PM

Still having unprotected sex. Every time you do you put yourself at risk for not only HIV, but other STD's.

PEP can only be started within the first 72 hours. At this point there isn't much you can do except test at the appropriate time and hope that your self-destructive behavior hasn't caught up with you.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: If a woman bleeds during vaginal sex does that increase the risk of hiv? new
      #274404 - 11/18/13 05:57 PM

Well if you plan on continuing to see her , perhaps you can both get tested together, If she refuses , well the, I would think twice about not usung protection.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Reez79

#274406 - 11/18/13 08:07 PM

We had sex yesterday. Would the emergency room give me pep even though I don't know if this woman has hiv or not.

The cdc says its a low risk for a female to give it to a man but what exactly is the risk if the woman is bleeding. How much does the risk go up by? Can you give me a percentage?

She says she clean and been getting tested for the last 3 years. She said She don't have the papers but she did say if I want we could go to the hospital together. I told her Ill let her know

crabmanModerator

#274407 - 11/19/13 07:02 AM

If you are that concern, the I suggest you stop asking questions on an internet forum and go see a doctor. It's for a doctor to decide if you need PEP. If she goes with you then she can be tested. If negative, then nothing to worry about. If not, then you can get your PEP.

Reez79

#274418 - 11/22/13 04:56 PM

Another thing she just confessed to me that she has ovarian cancer. That's why she bled while we was having sex. Does that increase the risk of hiv? She bled while we had sex both times but it was more blood the 2nd time and she also have ovarian cancer? Does that increase the risk for hiv?

You never gave me a percentage on what the risk is if the woman bleeds during vaginal sex. I know its a 3 percent risk without blood but what's the risk with blood

crabmanModerator

#274420 - 11/23/13 08:00 AM

So I guess you decided against seeking out medical attention or getting tested with this woman as she offered to do.

This isn't the first time you've been to this board because you CHOSE not to use protection.

You run to the internet for odds of infection after, instead of seeing a doctor.

So basically you keep putting yourself at risk and then just want to wring your hands, but not do anything proactive. I'm beginning to think you're a bug chaser.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #274421 - 11/23/13 10:53 AM

My concern is actually more for the woman dealing with cancer. You never expressed any concern for her so that leads me to wonder why your continuing to engage in any sex at all whether protected or not. Here your fretting over something that you don't want to get tested for and she is dealing with C.C. I think you both need to take a good look within and find what really matters instead of playing these games.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2920

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3