Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Reez79

Reged: 09/23/13
Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was?
      #274194 - 10/11/13 03:10 PM

I had unprotected sex with woman born with hiv 4 or 5 times on July 31st. 4 days later she told me she was born with hiv. I went to the hospital that same day and got pep and took it for a month. I stopped taking it on September 9th.

I got a rapid antibody test on October 4th and was negative. I also a hiv test on October 8th. I think it was a combo test but I'm not sure. The hiv counseler told me it was a antibody test but the paper from the lab says HIV1 AG HIV 1/2 AB

Can someone tell me if it's a combo test or antibody test? I also wanted to know should I be less worried cause I been stressed and losing sleep over this and everything

Edited by Reez79 (10/11/13 05:10 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was? new
      #274195 - 10/11/13 04:08 PM

Really think you should take that picture down since it has your name and address on it, which you have now shown to the world. Good news is that you also showed to the world that you are HIV negative. Congrats.

Take the picture down and keep your private information.....private.

Reez79

Re: Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was? new
      #274196 - 10/11/13 05:11 PM

Thanks man and yea I just took the picture down. Can you tell
Me what type of hiv test it was though? Was it a antibody or combo test?

Reez79

#274204 - 10/11/13 08:20 PM

I got a rapid antibody test on October 4th and was negative. I also a hiv test on October 8th. I think it was a combo test but I'm not sure. The hiv counseler told me it was a antibody test when I first got tested but when the results from the lab came back the paper from the lab says HIV1 AG HIV 1/2 AB. Did I have a antibody test or combo test? Which one is it?

Sorry man I'm just stressed and losing my mind over this and praying everything ok

Edited by Reez79 (10/11/13 08:21 PM)

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #274208 - 10/12/13 10:05 AM

Both. It's a combo test that includes the P24 and the antibody test.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2549

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3