Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
KTMcGhee

Reged: 09/09/13
Oral sex & cum with poz man.
      #273835 - 09/09/13 12:10 PM

My partner and I hooked up with a man from a dating app. After the hookup (which was only oral sex and snowballing) did he mention he was poz. His profile stated that he was so it's our fault for not reading it well enough however we feel like he could have re-affirmed this to us. We could/should have asked before playing and we usually do...just a dumb decision on our part.

He told us that his HIV is undetectable and he's in great health otherwise. Reading as much on thebody.com that we can we see where the risk of transmission via oral sex with cum ranges anywhere from 1:10,000 to 4%.

We're scheduling our 30 day HIV test with our physicians now and will get our 90 day test in November.

Feeling like we let ourselves down by not having the best communication with this play date.

Not expecting any replies...just wanted to post this out there and "get it off my chest".

Thanks for listening,
K.T.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Oral sex & cum with poz man. new
      #273840 - 09/09/13 02:56 PM

I know you said you weren't expecting a reply, but I figured I'd take a moment anyway.

It sounds like you are stressing over a couple of things. First it sounds like you are regretful that you had the three way (no matter the status). It also sounds like you are really driving home the possible outcomes of this event.

What done is done. What you can do is learn from it and try to do better next time. We all get carried away with ourselves on occasion. It's part of being human and experiencing life. When it gets you down, just remember to take a deep breath and the odds are so greatly in your favor, that you should be more worried about lighting or an acme safe falling on your head instead.

Just go for testing and learn that's all anyone can do.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1423

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3