Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Zeke

Reged: 09/05/13
Brief "Dipping"- Bottom's Risk?
      #273765 - 09/05/13 04:44 PM

Today I had a gay sexual encounter in which I was the bottom (receptive partner) for anal play. My Top was a one-time casual hookup and was fingering me until I felt something a little bigger than a finger. He may have penetrated me very shallowly and briefly (less than 5 seconds, and only the very tip not even the whole head). I did not notice any precum (I was watching him masturbate before this moment). I panicked and stopped everything. I asked him if he was clean and he said he was but I don't think he even knows or cares seeing as how he was ready to penetrate me bareback. How at risk am I from such a minimal encounter? Is PEP warranted?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Brief "Dipping"- Bottom's Risk? new
      #273769 - 09/05/13 07:17 PM

Those are the risks of having a casual hookup. You don't know what the other person is bringing to your doorstep. Could be just a fun hour or two, could be a std/sti, or they could bring worse like an apache helicopter with hellfire missiles.

Being that you don't know what exactly happened I would suggest waiting six weeks and getting tested at a local testing site. Many places offer free or low cost testing and you will know your results in @15 minutes. I would also suggest a full std screening. Just to be sure and everyone who is sexually active should have a complete screening yearly.

If you can't wait you could go now to find out your status before this event you'd still have to wait the six weeks to know for this event, but at least you'd have something to compare the six week results to.

In the mean time just go on as close to normal as you can. Every time you think about it just find something you enjoy to distract you which doesn't include searching the web for anything HIV related. All that will do is fuel the anxiety.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3232

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3