Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
hms

Reged: 08/28/13
Worried about infeciton
      #273623 - 08/28/13 08:48 PM

From May through July I had a sexual relationship with a man whose last partner engaged in a lot of risky behavior. I asked before we engaged in intercourse if he has been tested... he said yes. Months later I come to find out that yes he has been tested but has slept with his ex gf again afterwards... not too calming for me. All of July i have been coughing and experienced a rash. Also I still have the cough. This got the paranoia really going for me. We always used condoms, however one time he took it off and put the same back on (didnt know until after, I figured a 30 y.o. man would know not to do that) and also he would use magnum condoms when we first started sleeping together which he did not need (they were a bit big on him). There was one expirience where the condom broke as well :/

I went to a walk in clinic 30 days post last sexual experience with him. I did the Orasure test. It came negative, but i was told I needed to wait . I called this guy, basically freaking out with anxiety and he agreed to take a home orasure test (purchased at walgreens) it yeilded a negative result. For some reason I am still incredibly paranoid. Can someone talk some sense into me or so I really need to wait 2 more months (with EXTREME anxiety) for a conclusive result?

Please any advice or insight would be very helpful. Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Worried about infeciton new
      #273625 - 08/28/13 09:28 PM

first thing you need to do is to take a deep breath and slowly exhale. By what you have written I see no evedence of exposure to anything but ajerk of a guy thats not sure what or who he wants. I have a feeling that no matter what I say or anyone else says your not going to be satisfied until you test one more time. And thats ok. Do what you need to do to make yourself feel secure. But I wouldn't worry about any exposure to hiv.

hms

#273635 - 08/29/13 09:04 PM

Thanks so much for the reply Riverprincess. Yea anxiety can be a tough thing to get over. I had a talking to with the "jerk" and he agreed to go with me to Planned Parenthood on Wed. of next week where we can both get a blood tests (and tested for all STDs while we're at it). I am hoping that will put this worry to rest. Ill keep the forum posted. Thank you again.

riverprincessModerator

#273645 - 08/30/13 05:11 PM

Your welcome dear. Now what are your plans with this " Jerk " . I really shouldn't call him that, i apologize . So what do you plan to talk to this guy about? Or are you ready to move on to some one more worthy of you.

hms

#273651 - 08/30/13 11:54 PM

Lol no worries. I have called it quits with this guy in July and I still feel the same way. Im glad he understands my STD and HIV anxiety and has agreed to get tested, but this has not changed anything on my end. Never thought I'd say this but Im really content with being single right now. Well single until (like you said) someone worthy of me comes along .

riverprincessModerator

#273656 - 08/31/13 09:04 AM

Good for you girl. And when you find what seems to be that right person, since you have such a high STD and Hiv anxiety , I would suggest tat before your relationship gets any deeper , why don't you take him and get him tested. And if it helps the situation get tested together whether you need to or not . At least this way he won't think your just singleing him out to be tested. And then he can be sure also. It would be nice if home testing was afforable so that all could do a test before hand . Like a home pregnancy test. Wouldn't that be great.

hms

#273739 - 09/04/13 04:48 PM

thanks for the advice, i totally agree. The old slogan for hiv testing used to be (or still is idk lol) "knowing is beautiful" and I really agree with that.
I wish home testing was more affordable, however maybe the price is what deters me from buying a bunch of oraquick tests (i did once for me and my ex, when my panic started). I cant afford to do that more often and its good for me to avoid obsession behaviors ha.
unfortunately i still have anxiety surrounding this, however today i went and got tested, as did my ex. 1 week from now will really be when i can relax if all goes well. I appreciate all your help and plan on updating you and the forum in a week.

riverprincessModerator

#273740 - 09/04/13 05:04 PM

Well I hope , after you get your last neg result, that you will still be a part of the board here and perhaps share and help others with the same experience as yours. We need neg folks to show those waitng and fretting over their probable neg results. Your still ver important to us.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 851

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3