Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
grcboy28

Reged: 12/02/07
Going tomorrow for my first HIV test ever
      #273579 - 08/26/13 03:32 AM

Tomorrow I have decided that I am going to go for my first HIV test. I am 36 heterosexual male and I have had about a an dozen partners over the past 18 years.
I have used condoms not even "done the tip to see how it feels" like Vaughn says for all except 3: my first gf when I was 19, my second -gf when I was 22 and my past gf 5 years ago (only once).
These girls had tests regularly and I even went with them and they were negative.

The reason I have decided to go to get a test is during an exam at m doctors office they ddiagnosed me with HPV. I have a genital wart on the shaft of my penis. My doctor said 70 percent of people who are serially active have HPV and while most don't cause symptoms I am one of the "lucky" people who caught the one that can cause warts. I am scheduled in two weeks to have it burned off. He also asked me when the last time I had STI testing and I said never so he said that might be a good idea if you've never done it but I declined. He said think about it and we can decide the next time I see him.

Now I'm worried about HIV. If I have a genital wart does that mean I could have HIV or be at high risk for it? I'm not sure why he said that and I'm very worried now.

I also suffer from anxiety disorders and panic attacks and have been on meds for that for 5 years. I have also been diagnosed as a hypochondriac. What could my risks be? I haven't slept well in four days and have been sick to my stomach with worry. I can't wait two weeks as I am almost non functioning and think that a rapid test for HIV at the clinic would cut down on worry. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm terrified since I come from a time where HIV wasn't yet understood so it's engrained in me that one wrong move and you could contract it.

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Going tomorrow for my first HIV test ever new
      #273585 - 08/27/13 10:52 AM

Keep your appointment and do the rapid pest if that makes you less stressed. You got nothing to lose except senseless worrying. Best of all to you. Let us know how you made out .

grcboy28

Reged: 12/02/07
      #273604 - 08/27/13 08:01 PM

Went today for my first HIV test at the anonymous clinic here in town. Last possible exposure was 20 months ago. It was busy a d I have towait for 2 and a half hours. The nurse was wonderful and was able to make me feel a little calmer. She explained everything to me step by step and said I was at a lower risk. She had to poke me three times to fill the vial with blood and then added the solutions and guess what? Only one dot! Negative! It was a good time to test since the last partner I had sex with was back in Jan 2011 and she said it would be a conquering moment. Once I left the clinic I immediately started to think of Dr. Bob and how he helped not only me but countless other infected or not. I know he was looking down on me today. I learned a lesson that took years to learn. Just go test. It is somuch easier tthan anxiety and stats and this and that. They are good people who are willing to educate and help you. I will pray for everyone tonight to find peace on their journey. God bless

Galvanna

Reged: 08/27/13
      #273605 - 08/27/13 08:38 PM

Good luck to you!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1415

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3