Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
worriedsickin

Reged: 07/31/13
SICK TO MY STOMACH WITH WORRY!
      #273225 - 07/31/13 07:03 AM

Please can someone give me their honest advise as I am sick with worry. I went to my local GP this morning and he diagnosed my rash as pityriasis rosea - is this an early and common symptom association with HIV infection?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: SICK TO MY STOMACH WITH WORRY! new
      #273227 - 07/31/13 02:05 PM

Now what makes you think it should be? A rash can be just a rash. Many people have rosea dear. And the more you worry the worse it's going to get .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

worriedsickin

SICK TO MY STOMACH WITH WORRY! new
      #273238 - 08/01/13 01:42 AM

Thank you for your post. I know the more I worry and search endlessly on the web ... the worse it's going to get. Just been feeling really sick lately and not sure if it's anything serious or just stress? I have constant headaches, a few night sweats, lost about 5 kg's and just feel so lethargic at times. How soon after an exposure would a rash appear? Is it itchy and where on the body would it represent itself? I know the easiest thing for me to do is get tested but scared to death. Thanks

riverprincessModerator

#273241 - 08/01/13 06:53 PM

Do yourself a big favor and stop searching the web for symptoms. If you think your infected then just get tested. Put some cortizone cream on your rash and leave it alone . Whear socks on your hands if thats what it takes. STOP STRESSING OUT !

--------------------

worriedsickin

#273252 - 08/02/13 01:57 AM

I know the web has it's perks but it can also make you a jibbering idiot when you start searching symptoms and HIV pops up each time. The rash isn't as bad as I thought it was and it seems to be disappearing already so perhaps, I am okay then? Can I just ask one question - how soon after an exposure would a rash appear? Where on the body and are there other symptoms? Thanks

worriedsickin

#273285 - 08/04/13 11:27 AM

Still very worried as this rash doesn't seem to be clearing up - in fact it seems to be getting worse and spreading. So itchy it is driving me nuts. Is this common with HIV infection and how long does it last, where and how soon does it manifest itself?

riverprincessModerator

#273287 - 08/04/13 01:27 PM

Hiv doesn't have to have rashes . Again just go for a test if you really believe that you have Hiv. Why post about side effects for something that you don't even know you have.

--------------------

worriedsickin

#273291 - 08/05/13 12:02 AM

Just find it really strange that all of a sudden I have all these symptoms - rash which is only getting worse, severe stomach cramps, night sweats, loss of weight, headaches that it just makes me think I am in fact infected. My exposure was 8 months ago.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #273297 - 08/05/13 02:52 AM

Here's some friendly and stern advice. Go get an HIV test. You are well outside the window.

As far as your symptoms. We don't discuss symptoms with anyone worried about HIV infection. Don't take it personal, it's not that we don't care, quite the opposite. We don't discuss them with individuals like yourself, because 1. It can be anything and HIV symptoms are nonspecific, 2. If we did it would only encourage people to not get tested, because they are too afraid to or think why should they, 3. People lie or are misinterpreting the facts, and 4. In my three years on here never has someone had symptoms and posted here who came back positive when they did finally test. Going back to reason one that HIV symptoms are nonspecific.

So do yourself a favor and go get tested. Quickest easiest way to get back to your normal.

worriedsickin

#273300 - 08/05/13 04:57 AM

Thank you for your post. Yes, I do understand and I have set up an appointment with my local dermatologist today - if he thinks it's a need for concern, I will go and get tested but as I mentioned the exposure was about 8 months ago and my husband tested negative about 4 months ago - so it should be save to say, that I'll be negative too? It is all so worrying and every symptom HIV comes up with, I feel as if I already have them - could drive a person to suicide!

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #273301 - 08/05/13 07:37 AM

The fact your husband tested negative 4 months ago, has no bearing your status from your exposure 8 months ago. It is not uncommon for someone to remain negative while their partner tests positive.

You have never mentioned your exposure, so I will just say this. If you had unprotected sex or shared needles, then you had a real risk and should certainly get tested without waiting for your doctor to tell you that it's a concern. It is.

If however, what you perceive as an exposure is not what is listed as above, then perhaps a test would put your mind at rest and help you move past this.

worriedsickin

#273304 - 08/05/13 08:17 AM

My husband and I separated last year and while we were going through the initial divorce proceedings, I had an affair with a close friend of ours .... which I know for a fact, he doesn't sleep around and had his annual check up this year too .... but as you say, for peace of mind, I should just go and get tested but it's so scary and hard to drag yourself to do it.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #273306 - 08/05/13 02:05 PM

Given your situation I would do one of two "crazy" ideas. First one is you and your husband go get tested together. Many places are doing free partners testing. Meaning you both go into the same room and both get tested at the same time. That way it's not so scary.

Or

Get yourself an oraquick test to take at home. Not free, but just as accurate. No one there that you don't want to be with the same final result of knowing your status.

Those are your choices. Take advantage of them. Much better than airing every itch, headache, etc to us and far more productive than searching "symptoms".

worriedsickin

#273309 - 08/05/13 03:33 PM

Yeah I hear what you are saying and totally agree. Enough searching, freaking myself out and not living life! I spoke to a friend of mine this evening and she has exactly what I have so common it must be and I am sure the guilt of having the affair has over ruled my curiosity and made me realize life is for living. Thanks for your help and all your comments.

worriedsickin

#273320 - 08/06/13 12:13 PM

My dermatologist gave me an antibiotic called purmycin Is this used for an STD?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6400

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3