Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Timmy

Reged: 06/29/13
Scared of this sore throat at 116 days post exposure ?
      #273177 - 07/25/13 09:46 AM

Got tested 93,94 and 108 days by CMIA test - it came non reactive and also HIV RNA test at 108 days which was undetectable but I am again worried now after exhaustion, appetite loss , continuos sore throat and swollen lymph. And testing guidelines seems different everywhere. Some say at six month it's conclusive. Should I wait for 6 months to be conclusive. I have had all sorts of sickness / symptoms for the last more than 2 and half months. Please help. Do I have to worry ?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
Re: Scared of this sore throat at 116 days post exposure ? new
      #273178 - 07/25/13 10:29 AM

Have you been checked for anything besides HIV; perhaps you should be tested for "mono"...or have you dr. do cultures checking for strep throat. Perhaps even allergies can cause you to have a constant sore throat. You can get yourself worked up with stress and worry for no reason which can actually make you feel exhausted. If you will feel less stressed about your diagnosis by getting tested again then do so for a peace of mind. However, at some point you need to believe your test results.
You sound like your going to be free of hiv, though. However, you should see a doctor to check for other possible illness. Im not a doctor; just a thought for you to see one to ease your worries and your sore throat.

Timmy

Reged: 06/29/13
Re: Scared of this sore throat at 116 days post exposure ? new
      #273179 - 07/25/13 10:59 AM

I have had the following sickness from 2nd month - stomach discomfort, fatigue,muscle and joint pain, rash, weight loss, appetite loss, eye ball pain, nightsweats , mild diarrhea, abdominal pain. But now of and on sore throat and swollen lymph. This sickness is almost three months now. Can antibody go undetected in 3 months and if one is infected will hiv RNA be undetectable ? I thought I can move on but because of all this I am not able to do it. I got myself tested for STD panel- negative , cpk - higher normal, CRP - normal, CBC - normal, LFT - normal , urine analysis- calcium oxalate+, lipid profile - normal, hcv,hbv negative and hcv RNA PCR not detectable. I am not sick for the last many years.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2144

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3