Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
railroad

Reged: 07/15/13
Waiting on results and scared
      #273042 - 07/15/13 07:03 PM

Hey everyone please give me some advice if you can.

30 days ago I went to Las Vegas I do not know how I got there but I recovered from a blackout state in a massage parlor. I recieved oral and vaginal sex from an Asian "masseuse." I know a condom was used I believe maybe even for oral but due to my drunkenness I do not know if it was on at all times. There was no anal and no ejaculation. I have had no fever highest temperature was 99.4 and lowest 97.2 I have had a dry/sore throat, occasional headaches, and diarrhea on days 27&29 only happened once each time.

What are my odds I ruined my future? I know these symptoms are tricky and can almost all be caused by stress. I am just really scared and worried please any advice would be awesome.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
Re: Waiting on results and scared new
      #273050 - 07/16/13 09:14 AM

Seriously, after reading your post I decided to respond..1st of all in my opinion, doesn't sound much of a risk to me..your dry throat may just be from lack of hydration, and everyone gets a headache from time to time, and maybe you ate something that gave you diarrhea...so Im not sure why you are questioning..if you feel like you need tested for HIV then get tested, this is the only true way of knowing your answers...The number one reason for my reply...YOU should NEVER say your future is "ruined"...even if you would test Positive ..HIV doesn't ruin your future unless you let it..You have more harm to yourself waking up somewhere not knowing how you go there

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #273056 - 07/16/13 10:44 AM

When in doubt go ahead and get tested if it makes you feel better. But more importantly dangerouse is how you got to this point. There is truth to the statement that you can catch Aids from drinking alchol because one hardly ever thinks straight when under the influence. So you may of dodged a bullet this time but next time yo may not be so lucky . You could end up dead along side your truck for all you know. Your behavior is scarier than Aids my friend. Does this happen often?

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #273058 - 07/16/13 10:56 AM

(although I fear a wrath worse then any diseases ... crabman ... being a recovering alcholic, I will throw my two cents in here) ... (I did promise to her I would not comment here, but this is not a lecture on morality, and really is more my field then hers) ... so here goes ....

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" ... but what you bring home from Vegas, can last a lifetime!
The booze will "ruin" a life alot worse then contracting HIV/AIDS ... there enough said!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

railroad

#273063 - 07/16/13 06:26 PM

Thnx guys and to answer y'all's questions: I normally do not get this drunk, I have not since. I know that it has only been a month but I do not plan on repeating this process ever.

I appreciate the replies and I should have used better word choice. From where I am right now I am kind of staring down a barrel if I test positive as I am sure you understand, I am also supposed to commission into the military in a few months and they are one of the few employers that can reject someone based on their status. Which since they are paying for my school would put me $45,000 in debt plus meds so that is why I chose the word ruined. Altered would have been better.

I have gone to AA in the past and currently would not type myself as an alcoholic just a fool.

Thank you all again for your advise and I hope you are right I should get my results back tomorrow or Thursday.

heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
      #273064 - 07/17/13 07:55 AM

We wish you the best, this is a great site that can provide many answers to your questions. I am sure you have researched information of hiv/aids as you wait for the results. Take your new knowledge and be proactive taking preventive measures to protect yourself in the future.

railroad

#273077 - 07/17/13 08:54 PM

Roger the results came back negative, I'll get tested again in a month or so. Thanks for the advice guys and I don't plan on getting that smashed ever again.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1550

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3