Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Iampanicked

Reged: 06/01/13
Is negative test result at 94 days post exposure conclusive ?
      #272902 - 07/04/13 08:40 AM

I got my HIV1 &2 antibodies screening test done, serum and HIV 1/2 & P24 combo test (CMIA) done today, it came non reactive ! In the bottom of the result it says results to be clinically correlated and rarely false negativity/Positivity may occur. And I am still sick, what does it mean?

Edited by Iampanicked (07/04/13 08:49 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Is negative test result at 94 days post exposure conclusive ? new
      #272903 - 07/04/13 09:11 AM

It means you are HIV negative and you need to seek other answers to why you feel unwell.

kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #272904 - 07/04/13 01:40 PM

Well now that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are in fact HIV negative I'm sure that's a huge load off and you can move on to discussing with your dr about your symptoms and all the what ifs you can come up with; with them.

We deal with only HIV and HIV related illness only. We don't have the knowledge to help you any further than being tested. So hopefully you can understand when I say it is time to move on and seek out better support more finely tuned for what you need. We are not it. Think of it as going to a podiatrist (foot doctor) and asking them about your wisdom tooth pain.

On that note I wish you the best of luck hopefully you have used your time here to learn something, but if you come back talking about your symptoms or your disbelief in your tests you will be banned.

Iampanicked

Reged: 06/01/13
      #272921 - 07/05/13 04:23 AM

My test was done with Chemiluminescent Microparticle Immunoassay method. My doctor says to repeat with ELISA as it is not reliable. How Method Chemiluminescent Microparticle Immunoassay in comparison to ELISA ? And even if it comes negative he was of the view that it should be repeated again in 6 months.

kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #272923 - 07/05/13 09:52 AM

I and other moderators gave you plenty of fair warning about this. You have now been barred from posting further. I hope that helps you move on after your conclusive negative tests at 3 months. I wish you the best of luck in finding what is wrong with you, like I have said this is no longer the site for you to do it on.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2613

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3