Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Rainsom

Reged: 06/24/13
My Oral Sex Encounter...Worried!!
      #272680 - 06/24/13 09:18 AM

I brought home a bar dancer and we showered together before lying on the bed. Nothing else happened in the shower.

We lay on the bed, I sat on top of her, put my penis in her mouth unprotected, she blew me...no deep throating or anything aggressive....I took it out and ejaculated on her neck and chest. 3 minutes we are done.

3 days later I woke up one morning with flu-like symptoms. Lymph nodes swollen and tender to touch, light headache, very slight fever and slight aches in the body. Nose clogged with mucus like cold. Saw a doctor...got aspirin and antibiotics...recovered in 2 days. No more lymph nodes or anything. Nose clogged for 2 more days though.

Everything was normal till 23 days after exposure: Woke up with malaise....by afternoon, it was flu symptoms...this time severe body aches, bad headache, skin tender to touch, body chills, no fever. Ate aspirin, drank lots of water, went back to bed. As sudden as the flu came, it went away in the evening. Just one day and it's gone.

Today is the 31st day after exposure. Everything is normal and feeling normal since the last flu at 23rd day. Both flu-like symptoms came and gone easily after self medication. The oral sex was brief...I was the insertive...no cuts/sores on my penis.

My questions:

1. Could the first flu-like symptoms after my 3rd day of exposure be seroconversion?
2. Is it normal or common to get flu-like symptoms repeatedly due to HIV infection? (like I did after 23 days) Is that seroconversion again?
3. Any one pos able to tell me if they got the same symptoms?

I'm freaking out and I will get tested. Wish me luck!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: My Oral Sex Encounter...Worried!! new
      #272683 - 06/24/13 12:26 PM

1. No, it's a virus not a bacteria it takes weeks for it to reach "critical mass" (meaning your body starts producing symptoms in response to the virus. For that you need enough virus.)

2. No, initial infection or ARS comes on all at once and goes away all at once no repeating no on and off. It's more likely that you had two colds.

3. No, no one has the same symptoms. The symptoms people experienced when they became infected vary greatly. That is why we don't discuss symptoms they are unreliable for HIV. They are the same with pretty much every other illness out there.

Your exposure was pretty much not even note worthy. They don't even have odds for incertive oral sex. Only receptive meaning you would need to be doing the oral and even then you would only have a .01% chance of being infected. That leaves you with 99.98% chance you wouldn't be. Again that chance would only be if you gave oral and the other person was 100% sure to have HIV and not on medication.

Testing is suggested for all sexually active adults so test anyway at least once a year. As far as this encounter and your symptoms not hiv related.

Rainsom

#272684 - 06/24/13 01:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking since you said initial infection or ARS comes on all at once and goes away all at once, then ONE of my flu could actually be the ARS. Just another paranoia. Why do I say so....because the second flu (or cold) was pretty worrying. It came suddenly one morning, got serious (bad aches, terrible headaches, chills, weakness), and went away totally in the evening. Isn't that weird??? Never had a flu like this.

Also read that a characteristic of ARS is it lasts for a very short time. Like a bout of strong flu and it's gone. Just saw on another website that suggests seroconversion can happen "a few days" after infection.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #272690 - 06/24/13 03:04 PM

Ok if you want to believe you have HIV even after being given enough information to know its not be my guest.

Rainsom

#272713 - 06/25/13 08:07 AM

Any opinions from others? Who have experienced possible ARS symptoms a couple days or so after exposure? How was your experience like? I'm interested to know what different individuals went through.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2739

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3