Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

No more testing needed?
      #27251 - 01/21/02 06:00 PM

I recently took an what I thought was my final HIV test for my exposure (anal sex; there was no ejaculation.. only inside of me for 15-20 seconds before I realized what the hell I was doing.) I tested at close to 6 months, but not after 6 months. To be more specific, the incident took place July 10 and I tested Jan 3. My result came back negative...I was confident that it would come back that way.
Now I think that I may have tested too soon. Since I did not wait at least 6 months, should I test again? Should I put myself through needless worry or can I be confident that my result is conclusive? Please advise. I would appreciate it. I learned the lesson of a lifetime, I learned how precious life is, and I pray every night how thankful I am. I have promised myself to never do that again and I have abstained from sex since that night.
I want to move on with my life with a new found love of life and only engaging in PROTECTED vaginal sex with a loving and caring guy.

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: No more testing needed? new
      #27252 - 01/21/02 06:56 PM

Many people would have ended it at 12 weeks. You have to do what is comfortable for you. The chances of a week making a difference are so small according to what I have read you are DONE!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27253 - 01/21/02 07:46 PM

only takes a couple of weeks for HIV Antibodies to become detectable on a Elisa test what is the great mystery about this ? Do you think its some kinda grand conspiracy for the antibodies not to show up on a BLOOD test ?

I think your post is the dumbest I have ever read here.
so youget the prize.

IDIOT

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27256 - 01/21/02 07:55 PM

sorry idiot you get the prize you post is up there in the top 5 stupidest i have ever seen

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27263 - 01/21/02 10:12 PM

you post ??????? lol

TBR173

Reged: 01/07/02
      #27275 - 01/22/02 03:08 PM

While I agree that a few days doesn't make a difference in this case...are you saying that antibodies in general always show up in a couple of weeks? I've read that most people produce enough antibodies to test positive at week 4 so why is the big rule 3 months? I know you can test whenever you want but why shouldn't a month or 2 months be sufficient...what's so magical about 3 months? Isn't it quite likely, based on all that I have read recently, that if you're negative at 8 weeks, you'll be negative at 12??

There is so much conflicting information out there I can understand why this person is concerned.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27297 - 01/23/02 01:24 AM

TBR have no answer but the Scientist say within 3 months and 25 days average and antibodies form within days and detectable within a few weeks. They are not saying average is 4 months .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1917

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3