Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Iampanicked

Reged: 06/01/13
Treatment options
      #272470 - 06/10/13 10:38 PM

With the kind of symptoms I am going through presently after a possible exposure with a CSW, I am pretty sure I am infected. I stay in a remote corner in India where each one of us knows each other. I am afraid of treating myself here as I will have difficulty because of the stigma. Is it a better option to go for treatment early . I am hypertensive and my liver enzyme is on the higher side. I am 39 years old. Or do I come there for first treatment ?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Treatment options new
      #272471 - 06/10/13 11:39 PM

You have not tested positive therefore you have no business posting in the treatment options area. I moved your thread exactly where it belongs in "Am I Infected" area.

You're a worried well; what we call people that refuse to listen to common sense. You have been told repeatedly you never had a risk to begin with by your own admittance. It is extremely rude and disrespectful to make those of us who are positive think that you are also and solicit undeserved sympathy.

Iampanicked

#272493 - 06/12/13 11:11 AM

@Kicker With the kind of symptoms I am going through, I wanted to be prepared so that I can face the reality and act accordingly. I am not trying to seek sympathy or anything.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #272494 - 06/12/13 11:27 AM

hey panicked, kicker is right. you were not at risk. you do not need to "prepare" and should not be posting in the treatment forums. symptoms are not reliable when it comes to HIV.

you used a condom, so you were not at risk! the condom did not break! you would know if it did; it would be really obvious. anyway, stop worrying because it's not HIV.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Iampanicked

#272495 - 06/12/13 11:33 AM

Kicker
Please don't mind with all my worried words. With the rash, mild flu, pain in muscles and pharyngitis that came the last two weeks I was worried a bit. This is apart from the many symptoms I had over the last more than one month - fatigue; pain in bone/muscles,appetite loss;weight loss; feel of wasting in muscle; night sweats etc.
Forgive me for all this

Iampanicked

#272496 - 06/12/13 11:34 AM

Hopefully Bartleby
Thanks

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #272497 - 06/12/13 11:57 AM

No forgiveness needed or required. Just ask that you be respectful and not make others believe or imply that you have HIV. No one needs to feed your fears and you shouldn't be asking them to. (By asking about treatment options for an illness you don't have you are implying you have it.)

It was more for your benefit than mine. If you want to waste your time being scared of something that isn't even physically possible go for it, just realize if you test the limits (which you were doing by where you posted) you are not going to like the responses you get. Think of it as someone you don't know coming into your home and putting their feet (with dirty shoes) on your eating table. Not something you want to happen.

The only "apology" I need is don't do it again.

Iampanicked

#272506 - 06/13/13 01:01 AM

I was never bothered till it started showing all symptoms. I felt I was safe so I was not bothered. But after some sort of discomfort in the beginning post 4 weeks of exposure. Most symptoms began to show up. But I thought I will go for test at 3 months some other city. And I was looking at the options available to me. It's strange kind of feel in my body now.

Iampanicked

#272662 - 06/21/13 04:45 PM

I am to get my test done in another ten days. Can anybody please provide me with list of doctors who are specializing in hiv and who can give expert advice regarding treatment in Delhi and Mumbai in India.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #272663 - 06/21/13 06:08 PM

sorry, but you should not be seeing an hiv doctor at this point! you were not at risk and getting treatment would not be right for you! please stop worrying about hiv.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Iampanicked

#272664 - 06/21/13 11:18 PM

Even I always thought I am safe but after all that typical symptoms of Acute HIV, I thought its better to be prepared. Even now I am having nightsweats, nasal congestion at night, couple of swollen lymph under the jaw and this is 80 days after the exposure. I have had fatigue for cpl of days, muscle pain, bone pain, weight loss, appetite loss, mild rash, mild pharyngitis. So I felt I should be prepared. Thanks.

Iampanicked

#272665 - 06/22/13 12:58 AM

And also I feel my general health deteriorating fast. I can feel there is weakness in my legs and I tend get tired easily. Is the prognosis bad ?

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #272666 - 06/22/13 01:30 AM

It's nice to see your keeping wikapedia in business with their updated symptoms and information.
I feel your pain Iampanicked, well actually not, I had none of those symptoms prior to me being tested and confirmed positive, would have been nice to have some early warning signs, but for a few of us ... it comes just as a surprise!
Even with a cd4 count under 100 and VL over 410,000 most I ever had was maybe night sweats, but I blamed it on our Canadian winter and turning the heat up too high in the house!
Iampanicked, like the other guys told you, your negative, get on with your life or just take your symptoms to your doctor if they are that bad, but don't be upset when it's NOT HIV!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Cristian

Reged: 06/03/13
      #272667 - 06/22/13 11:29 AM

Panick is panick, countless times beyond reasonable doubt. That won't change with or without testing yourself until exhaustation. But yes..go to another city and get the test done. That will do you good.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #272669 - 06/22/13 04:27 PM

There are no text book symptoms of Acute Retroviral Syndrome. Besides, your symptoms prove it isn't ARS because they continue. That's chronic, not acute.

Putting the whole symptom discussion aside, since it's a complete waste of time, lets look at the only thing that does matter in terms of HIV risk assessment. Your level of risk.

You used a condom. That means you did not have a risk. If you didn't have a risk, then you didn't get HIV and if you didn't get HIV, then all those symptoms you are so worried about are because of something else. Go work with your doctor to determine the true cause of your ill health.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3605

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3