Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
justanxious

Reged: 05/22/13
3 indeterminate western blot results
      #272146 - 05/22/13 10:37 AM

Hi everyone, I'm new here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.
To start out, I'm a 32 yr old white heterosexual male living in the southern U.S.. Due to a family member recently dying of cancer at a young age I decided to get checked for everything I could think of to include std's. everything came back fine in September so I went back for the same labs to be done in march. This time my hiv result came back indeterminate. Tested again April 1st and it was still indeterminate... Now, I was tested again in the middle of may and the results came back as indeterminate yet again. The nurse explained that only p24 showed up present on the western blot. I didn't have unprotected sex with anyone other than my spouse since September of 2012. Also, I did inject some testosterone that was acquired from a foreign country starting in January and ending in march. Could that have an effect on the results? I'm just freaking out an am very anxious about it all. Sorry for the long version of my story and thanks for all you guys do, I've read some really helpful responses on here.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: 3 indeterminate western blot results new
      #272148 - 05/22/13 12:15 PM

Hey Just, I can imagine how fustrating these indertminate results are . Did you ask if your injections could affect your results? I know when I get back shots it does. And be careful of things that come from other countries. Give it some time and go for another test. At least it didn't come up positive . But I wouldn't be surprize if the shots are effecting your result test.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

justanxious

Reged: 05/22/13
      #272149 - 05/22/13 02:06 PM

Thanks for your reply riverprincess. I did ask my doctor if my elevated testosterone levels would cause the indeterminte results and she said no... But I did leave out how often I was doing the extra shots and where I got the extra testosterone from. What kind of shots effected your tests if you don't mind me asking? Were the results indeterminate as well? I'm hoping that something in my foreign testosterone is keeping my results skewed even though I haven't done an injection with the questionable testosterone since back in March. Thanks again for your reply, all others who may know more please chime in as well. lol

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #272158 - 05/23/13 07:24 PM

I have been pos for over 20 yrs and on meds for over 18 . The shots that I had we're steriod for my back and Kenalog for pain . I had this done 3 different times with 6 months, it has a possible factor in my liver enzymes .I was cleared of Hep C2 yrs ago now it showing that it's back but I've have 2 blood work ups and the second shows my numbers lowering . Now its been about 7 months since my last back injections. But I can't say for sure one had anything to do with the other. Just a possible uneducated theory.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1266

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3