Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
raymond

Reged: 02/27/13
Loc: ft lauderdale fla
why is it so hard to detect the presence of hiv?
      #272070 - 05/15/13 08:40 AM

because our bodies are not good at detecting it because the virus does not act like any other. most viruses consist of a protein coat and rna strain. the virus lands the protein coat injects the rna into the cells where the rna sstarts reproducing more viruses. the protein coat is thus left on the outside of the cell where antibodies will notice it and signal the cell to be destroyed removing the threat of the virus. the hiv virus is very cleaver in that it takes its protein coat into the cell with the rna and so cannot be detected by antigens meaning the virus is free to replicate as it wishes wiki answers. com s t d .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: why is it so hard to detect the presence of hiv? new
      #272071 - 05/15/13 09:09 AM

There is a reason Wiki is not allowed as a source for college papers. It's a highly unreliable source of information as you have proven by the complete BS you have posted here.

I would ask why it is that you want to convince us so much that you have HIV when you clearly have tested negative. Your problem is not the disease.

I have reminded you once already about this section in the rules:

"2) Symptoms are unreliable. The standard window period for HIV testing is 12 weeks or three months after your last possible exposure. If infected, people generally develop HIV antibodies by weeks four to six. If you are testing negative outside of the window period, it means you're negative. If you refuse to believe your test results, then there's nothing we can do. "

There is nothing more we can do for you. We aren't here to enable you in your fantasy of having HIV that no test can detect. You need to move on and seek some mental health counseling. To that end, I am going to help you by banning you from posting here any longer.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1679

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3