Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
boydanny81

Reged: 04/27/13
again hiv test
      #271836 - 04/27/13 11:47 PM

i had sex with prostitute in 2011 December unfotunetly condom broke near to my testicles, but tested negative Elisa in 2013 February,but the symptoms keeps coming.worst symptom is cold every 2 weeks, now my girlfriend have the same symptoms she dont have any other partners im 100% sure. also tested vdrl & tppa Both negative.. now im having another Elisa test i have to wait until Friday..... am i infected

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ImmuneFail

Reged: 04/22/13
Re: again hiv test new
      #271837 - 04/28/13 02:10 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this I really am. My story is almost just like yours. You are not alone.
I had sex with a hooker and the condom slipped off. I've shown nearly every symptom in the book. But always get a negative test result. I've only done testing for antibodies because that's always the one they do and don't think twice. 5 tests between 8-20 months after exposure. After researching a bunch I've found that there have been a few dozen cases where people do not produce antibodies. Ever. I got the courage last week to go get a DNA PCR test to test for the actual virus. I'm almost certain that I'm positive. I should be getting the results on Monday. My whole life has collapsed. I quit my job today because I'm moving back where my mom lives 2 states away. If only 25-30 cases of this have happened out of like 50 million you would assume I'd be in the clear. But right now my belief is that it would be a miracle if I am negative.
I've had a slight fever for over like 6 months. My throat has been sore for 3 weeks straight. I've gotten horrible lymph node pain in my upper back a ton of times. It lasts for like 2 days. Horrible diarrhea if I don't get a ton of sleep. I got a small cut on my foot and it hasn't healed in over 2 weeks. When I get cut I have trouble stopping the bleeding. Weird fungal infection on my arm, lasted like 3 months. Fatigue easily and always tired. I've lost 16 pounds in 4-5 months. Lack of appetite. Seem to get dizzy easily.
I probably couldn't have more symptoms to HIV. I want to believe it's something else but I'm too smart and know my own body.
My prediction: I'm a rapid progressor who probably is at AIDS status.
One in a million. I've started telling some people in my family. That's the hardest thing. The humiliation.
Let me know how your test turns out. If mine is negative I'll let you know. Otherwise I may or may not if positive.

boydanny81

#271838 - 04/28/13 03:24 AM

it is sad to heard what happened to you. hiv is killing us in mentally and physicly, i think you dont have hiv. 5 tests are very accurate but take the dna test . i don't afraid hiv anymore wtf . i'm affraid of what will happen to my gf and my mother if im positive . i'm getting ready for my doomsday . living with stigma will kill me before i develop aids. i'm visiting the std clinic every week they think i'm a joke.. dr suggested me esr and fbc tests. i can commit suicide now the only thing that holding me back is my gf what will happen to her after im dead. life is messed .. the worst thing in life has happened to us...

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #271839 - 04/28/13 05:33 AM

Just as a sideline - If you were not producing antibodies as you now suggest is the reason you don't test positive, you would be in the hospital dying of multiple diseases. If you really were some rapid progressor as you claim, then you would certainly be too ill to be surfing the net. The body doesn't just not produce antibodies to one disease. It would be unable to produce antibodies to ANY disease. Yes, some late stage HIV patients near death will test negative for HIV, because the immune system is so damaged it is unable to mount any defense. You will find them on their death beds, fighting CMV, Lymphoma, Kaposi's, Toxoplasmosis, Tuberculosis, PCP, etc, etc, etc. It's those diseases that will kill you, not HIV. Nasty, long, painful death that it can be. Since you are on here questioning your test results, I just don't see you fitting in that profile.

As I have told you before, this is not the place for people that have tested conclusively negative, as you have, to congregate. This is a place for information about HIV and HIV infection for people that may have put themselves at risk during the 3 month waiting period.

We are not here to speculate in the unusual and questionable theories espoused by worried wells after hours of research done on the internet with all it's questionable reliability.

Again, if you chose to ignore your conclusive negative results, that is your business. Just don't be doing it here.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #271840 - 04/28/13 05:39 AM

You don't have HIV. You have something else. Work with your doctor to determine what is wrong.

Please keep in mind, that after the initial illness lasting a short period of time a few weeks after infection, a person has no symptoms for years and years.

Also HIV has no bearing on colds. Colds are dealt with by the humoral immune system of the body. The damage HIV does is to the cellular immune system. As this is damaged you start to see the AIDS defining illnesses show up.

boydanny81

#271841 - 04/28/13 06:03 AM

thanks for advice brother.. five days more for my results . i think again it will be negative.. also i m having esr and fbc test tommrow.. i need to know exactly whats wrong with my body

ImmuneFail

Reged: 04/22/13
      #271888 - 05/01/13 12:10 AM

Well I just got my HIV DNA PCR test results back. I'm negative all across the board. Thank you to all the HIV veterans who told me I was a crazy person, you were right. I'm going to counseling to help me get over this and other things. Going to have a physical exam and also going to talk about my symptoms and where they might be coming from. Stress? Mono? Something else? Also starting to live a healthier lifestyle. Hopefully from these changes I won't have anymore physical symptoms. After dealing with this for over a year and a half I pray for anyone dealing with this or HIV. This was such a horrible experience; with the help of time and changes I hope to have a good comeback story. Thanks to everyone and good luck.
Good luck dannyboy I know what you're going through. Hopefully you make it through man. If you do, never forget this feeling.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #271891 - 05/01/13 08:36 AM

Why don't you stay here on the boards and help those that could benifit from your experience. There are many that could benifit from your standpoint.We were here when you needed us , now may I say we need you for reaching out also.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

boydanny81

#271892 - 05/01/13 08:45 AM

its good to have u back.......my full blood count and ESR tests are normal . if im having hiv they will be abnormal. i dont want my hiv report anymore, im planning to avoid hiv thoughts from my mind. im not going to visit std clinic for my result anymore im going to evade it and live my life as a free bird..

boydanny81

#271893 - 05/01/13 08:48 AM

for sure brother im going to be a hiv lecturer for the people who think they are infected...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2501

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3