Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
ImmuneFail

Reged: 04/22/13
Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer
      #271778 - 04/23/13 01:42 AM

Hi, first off I just wanted to tell you I've never had any serious life threatening conditions nor any known immune system problems, I had a normal immune system. I don't do drugs or even drink often. I eat pretty healthy and try to stay at active as much as my fatigue allows. I had a known HIV exposure about 20 months ago. Sex with a hooker and the condom slipped off. I had an EIA 9 and 20 months after. finger prick test 14 months after, and 3 mouth swab tests 18-19 months after. Had ARS symptoms 4 weeks after, was sick for several days, high fever. Then sick at 6 weeks after with a high fever for several days. (Can't remember for certain about other symptoms as it was a long time ago) Felt pretty good for awhile then at about 9 months I started showing symptoms. body temp is raised 1-2 degrees constantly from where it was. have horrible diarrhea if I don't get a lot of sleep. always tired and fatigue easily. had a fungal outbreak on my arm 14 months after that lasted for 3 months. I have body aches that seem to come from my lymph nodes in my upper body, they hurt extremely bad and last for 2 days. They usually only happen once every month or two. If I get cut I have trouble stopping bleeding. My cuts also heal very slowly. Headaches. Loss of appetite. Have lost 18 pounds in 5 months without trying to. (I weigh 190 now) Swollen neck lymph nodes for months now. Currently I've had a sore throat for 2.5 weeks. I feel like I've been dulled. I'm not aware of my surroundings, I'm not as smart it seems. Like my brain is being affected. I haven't really gotten sick with a cold or anything for a long time but I constantly am having a lot of these symptoms. All these symptoms are new to me or much worse from before I made my mistake. (Ex. much worse, I get headaches a lot more than I used to) I've been researching online all the rare cases and details of HIV and I think I'm one of them. I've read about numerous occasions of people never producing antibodies to HIV. (Even after 6 months) Result, they go undetected until they are near death. Usually they find out with a PCR test of some sort. Then die shortly after because they progressed rapidly to AIDS since they don't have antibodies to help out.
My questions are: Would you recommend I get a PCR test? Do you know what else MIGHT be causing this? What do you think of my symptoms? Can you offer some insight on what causes this phenomenon? Any other advice?
I try to stay positive and believe the doctors that I'm just a hypochondriac. But how can I if I feel this way and I know I had an exposure?

I'm very worried. If my prediction is correct I'm likely progressing rapidly and could die soon. Please respond ASAP.

P.S. Any people who worry they are in the same boat, you most likely aren't so don't worry yourselves to death. I fit almost every symptom and had a 99% known exposure. If your story is very close to mine PLEASE RESPOND.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
johnson147

Reged: 10/20/12
Re: Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer new
      #271779 - 04/23/13 03:05 AM

I pray that that hooker wasn't HIV positive and your symptoms are caused by something other than HIV.I stayed far away from hookers but im not judging u. My exposure was with a lady that my friend met off a dating site.So i met her thrue my friend we all hung out one night and i ended up getting her number we talked a few days she seemed like a regular girl. On june15th 2012 we ended up having sex and it was unprotected because i didn't have a chance to buy condoms i asked her if she had condoms she said no and the next morning i found that to be a lie because she had condoms on her dresser smh i know right. 2 weeks after i had sex with her i started having symptoms a sore throat,dehydration,headache,muscleache,fever need i say more (etc.. all the symptoms they said u would have. I decided to ask her about the situation and see if we can go get checked out together but i noticed she was tryna avoid me all of a sudden when i finally got her to hear me out she basically in so many words told me she was positive and i also found out she was positive from her family she said if i try and report her she would just say i raped her. I tested out to 3 months and 6 months my last test was march 1st 2013 a blood draw rapid test it was negative and o yeah im also non circumsized so that made my chance greater im gonna test again today and if its negative thats what im gonna go with im tired of stressing i been depressed and out of it for over 8 months lost my job and investments due to not being capable to focus on anything else but this HIV situation. personally i think the transmission from female to male is tricky that need to be studied more and if thers any male out ther that was infected by a female and got a poz result come foward give some insight your in a position to help us worried wells.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #271782 - 04/23/13 08:20 AM

From the rules:

" Symptoms are unreliable. The standard window period for HIV testing is 12 weeks or three months after your last possible exposure. If infected, people generally develop HIV antibodies by weeks four to six. If you are testing negative outside of the window period, it means you're negative. If you refuse to believe your test results, then there's nothing we can do. "

BOTH of you are without a doubt HIV negative. You both have more than enough negative test results to prove that. NOW if you want to discuss your disbelief in science and feed each other's obsession, fine then. BUT DO IT SOMEPLACE ELSE, might I suggest moving your conversation to a mental health board. This is an educational board, not one for hypochondriacs to fuel their fears.

ImmuneFail

#271887 - 04/30/13 11:56 PM

4-30-2013 Well I just got my HIV DNA PCR test results back. I'm negative all across the board.

5-24-2013 I'm back again. Getting my viral load test done and showing undetectable results made me feel pretty good for awhile. I think the test was only for HIV 1, so now I'm worried I have HIV 2 or rare subtype of HIV 1. I got a CD4/CD8/T cell panel done and the results were very disturbing.
My results: CD3% 69 (Normal 56-88) CD8% 42 (Norm 13-39) CD4% 24 (Norm 33-58) CD3 Absolute 1949 ( Norm. 1064-1672) CD8 Abs. 1167 (N 247-741) CD4 Abs. 665 (627-1102) CD4/CD8 Ratio .57 (norm .69-3.72)

From the research I've done online I've learned that CD4 is killed by HIV. CD8 kills cells that have HIV, so someone with HIV will have a high CD8 count. CD4 percentage is good more stable indicator of disease progression because the numbers usually don't fluctuate as much.

Update on symptoms and tests: I've had 3 cbc tests done all numbers were normal except my lymphocyte count was high. (Normal is between 1000-2900, my values were 3400, 4200, 2900) I also I have hypokalemia because of the chronic loose stools. Tested out: Mono, strep, parasites. All negative. My sore throat moved to swollen painful tonsils. (I've now had pain in my throat area for 7 weeks). I keep getting what the doctor called "concretion granules" on them. I've had some kind of lung infection for 2 weeks. It isn't bad constantly, it fluctuates. It gives me chest pain and trouble breathing. (I'm in my early 20s, Dr. did an EKG and chest xray, both were normal) ALL the other malaise and symptoms I mentioned above are slightly worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what test I could take? I'm hopefully going to see an ENT doctor soon. What are your thoughts on my situation? I'm not exaggerating or making up any of this.....

Please help by responding

Edited by ImmuneFail (05/25/13 12:07 AM)

ImmuneFail

#272174 - 05/25/13 12:19 AM

I forgot to say thank you guys for the responses you've already posted.

Crabman or another moderator: Do you have any idea what is going on with my CD4 counts and symptoms? (These details are in my reply before this one) I'm now in a stress free environment, am eating healthy, and recently started taking Prozac to help with symptoms. But everything symptom wise is still as bad or worse plus my CD4 count is bad. Do you guys know which tests pick up the more rare strains? Have any advice other advice?

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #272177 - 05/25/13 07:23 AM

" Symptoms are unreliable. The standard window period for HIV testing is 12 weeks or three months after your last possible exposure. If infected, people generally develop HIV antibodies by weeks four to six. If you are testing negative outside of the window period, it means you're negative. If you refuse to believe your test results, then there's nothing we can do. "

Talk with your doctor. We are here to help those that want to help themselves not to cater to flights of fancy.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4921

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3