Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
rob422

Reged: 04/03/13
hiv symptoms questions
      #271491 - 04/03/13 07:58 AM

is it possible for hiv symptoms to come and go then return and leave, etc, etc?

like i had a sore throat, dry cough, and muscle pains. a few days later, they went away, but came back a few days later again. then i got a brownish non-raised skin discoloration (non-itchy) on my right hand for about a month. now it's slowly going away.
now i have a small fever, sore throat, and a blister on my tongue (blister lasted a few weeks).

i had possible exposure (straight male, non IV user, living in USA), unprotected vaginal sex last year around October.

like basically what i'm asking is does hiv symptoms appear all at once? do they appear separately? do they return occassionally? can they appear a few months later after possible infection?

i have a small flu-like symptom that won't go away, a mini-sore throat that comes and goes every few days. blisters on my tongue that come and go. muscle pains that come and go. i used to have severe night sweats (for 2 weeksish), loss of appetite...

can these symptoms be produced by anxiety or paranoia?
i mean i started to get all these symptoms after that first night of night sweats.
but on a side note, i also stopped smoking marijuana cold turkey, and from my research, they have similar symptoms... the only difference is, marijuana withdrawal symptoms last a monthish, and i heard hiv symptoms last until you die.. and it's been about 3 months since i've experienced the hiv symptoms, and they are not going away.. =(((

doesn't hurt to swallow btw, it just gets slightly irritated, and my voice is slightly changed.
i also have been travling a lot these past 3 months to try to get my mind off my possible hiv infection.
but, if i do have hiv,... i think i'm gonna go kill myself.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: hiv symptoms questions new
      #271492 - 04/03/13 08:11 AM

HIV symptoms technically don't start until after years of infection. When people become infected they go through Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS). This is when people seroconvert.

Note the word ACUTE. Symptoms come quickly, all at one time and then go away within about a week. They symptoms you are talking about are chronic, not acute, so they don't have a thing to do with ARS.

HIV symptoms do not last until we die. There is a long period of being asymptomatic. This is why so many people are living with HIV and have no idea.

Unprotected sex is a risk, but not a huge one. For insertive vaginal the risk of transmission is estimated by the CDC at 5 in 10,000.

My suggestion is to go get a tested. You sure as the world won't find out your status otherwise.

rob422

Reged: 04/03/13
Re: hiv symptoms questions new
      #271494 - 04/03/13 08:33 AM

thanks for your reply..
i gotta tell you, a lot of anxiety was just lifted off my shoulders as i read your response.. but the only thing is, i have that small window of doubt looking at the possibilities of hiv infection.

i can't get tested right now because of my location. but when i go back home next month, i will definitely get tested.
i like the odds that you provided me, however, statistics don't really give me a window of hope because i can always be that one person you know?
=(
i'm not gonna have sex anymore..
just gonna be good.
go to church.
donate some clothes.
and wash the dishes once a week...
not gonna have sex anymore.....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2766

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3