Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
mustang77

Reged: 03/14/13
Mental Health and Hiv Anxiety
      #271480 - 04/02/13 08:53 AM

I too was a worried well. but rapid hiv blood test (finger prick) are accurate. as well as rapid salivia test are accurate. at 6 weeks and beyond. i too searched the internet and was blown away of all the false information that scared the shit out of me (DO NOT SEARCH THE INTERNET!!!), Thebody is one of the most up to date websites out there. My biggest problem is whats called mental illness, for which i suffer.... ptsd, axiety disorder (sever) bipolar disorder , on and on. and then you add hiv axiety on top of that makes for life in a liviing hell, I never even had one symptom of being infected or proof that anything ever happened (Mind is a powerful thing). i would suggest seeking a mental health counsler if you continue to dwell...... about being infected with hiv and continue to test neg. another thing (for me) that i realized was being on medication that make you not remember stuff from time to time.... and then realize that you were on a dating site..... and then the axiety hits you with the what if's.... i wish and hope that people dont go thru what i have been thru dealing with Hiv Axiety and Mental Illness. I have been thru the ringer and have reached my max with this anxiety concerning and i hope that anyone in my shoes does not allow them selves to go crazy... I wish you all the best and wanted to say thanks to all the mediators on this site may god bless you from my heart to yours, To you worry wells get TESTED and know your status. Much love, shoot me an email if you wanna know more be safe!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Mental Health and Hiv Anxiety new
      #271496 - 04/03/13 09:47 AM

Well Mustang I think you should stay connected to this site and help those that are experiencing the fear and anxiety of accepting their neg. status. Many times all we can tell someone is to go seek some mental health . And though that may very well be true it can sound very harsh and seemingly insensitive , even though it isn't meant to come off that way. So , you being a person that has indeed sought counseling for your obsessive thoughts , you would be a wonder asset in talking to those whom we don't seem to be able to convince. After all experience is the best teacher/encourager. So please consider stopping on by on a regular basis, . Your input is valuable.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1163

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3