Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Kay86

Reged: 02/28/13
Please don't think I'm nuts or stupid. I would like serious answers, please *DELETED*
      #271389 - 03/28/13 11:47 AM

Post deleted by Kay86

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Please don't think I'm nuts or stupid. I would like serious answers, please new
      #271390 - 03/28/13 12:16 PM

There are roughly 2,700 causes for the combination of symptoms you are experiencing, more than 75% of them WILL kill you if not found and treated early. Yet you are stuck on the one you have ruled out conclusively. How is that not nuts or stupid?

Better question would be why haven't you spoken to a dr about your symptoms and taken their advice. If you were truly concerned about it you wouldn't be here trying to prove it is something that you yourself have proven it is not.

Kay86

Re: Please don't think I'm nuts or stupid. I would like serious answers, please new
      #271391 - 03/28/13 12:19 PM

I meant to write *consistently tested NEGATIVE*
sorry!

Kay86

#271392 - 03/28/13 12:30 PM

Hi!

Quick question: where did you get the 2,700 stats from?
1. I did talk to my doctors about my symptoms and they and all but dismissed most of it and told me it was "anxiety," the go-to diagnosis. Prior to experiencing the night sweats, I had nothing particular to be stressed/anxious about, but 15-20 nights out of the month, I wake up multiple times SOAKED. I admittedly became more stressed when the night sweats persisted. One of my doctors prescribed Diflucan, but that was ineffective in treating the fungal problem.
2. My other doctor DID test for TB but that came out negative.
3. Can you please explain what you meant by more than 75% of them will KILL you? 75% of the symptoms combined?
4. I TRIED to let it go, believe me I did, but the thrush is just simply continues along with dry mouth and burning tongue. The night sweats deprive me of sleep since I am waking up drenched. I'm 24, don't take drugs of any sort, have a normal glucose level...what else can I think? Maybe it is a CRF? you know, a recombinant type not easily detected.

There are roughly 2,700 causes for the combination of symptoms you are experiencing, more than 75% of them WILL kill you if not found and treated early. Yet you are stuck on the one you have ruled out conclusively. How is that not nuts or stupid?

Better question would be why haven't you spoken to a dr about your symptoms and taken their advice. If you were truly concerned about it you wouldn't be here trying to prove it is something that you yourself have proven it is not.

kicker

#271393 - 03/28/13 12:51 PM

1. Acanthamoeba infection
Infection with a microscopic, free-living ameba that is readily found in the environment - soil, air and water. Most people exposed to the ameba will not become infected but when infections do occur, they tend to affect the eyes, central nervous system or...more »
2. Acanthamoeba infection of the central nervous system
Infection by an amoebic organism called Acanthamoeba. Infection usually occurs when the amoeba enters through a break in the skin or through the nose. Infection can be localized or systemic where it can involve the central nervous system and cause potenti...more »
3. Acanthocheilonemiasis
Infection with a nematode called Mansonella....more »
4. Accelerated hypertension
Accelerated hypertension is a condition characterized by a rapid increase in blood pressure. The condition is a medical emergency which can cause organ damage if not treated promptly....more »
5. Accutane -- Teratogenic Agent
There is strong evidence to indicate that the use of Accutane during pregnancy may cause a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exp...more »
6. Achrestic anemia
Achrestic anemia is a form of anemia similar to that caused by Vitamin B12 deficiency but it doesn't respond to treatment with Vitamin B12. The condition tends to progress slowly and can result in death if not treated. There are a variety of possible caus...more »
7. Acid-Base Imbalance
A disruption to the normal acid-base equilibrium in the body. There are four main groups of disorder involving an acid-base imbalance: respiratory acidosis or alkalosis and metabolic acidosis or alkalosis. Obviously the severity of symptoms is determined ...more »
8. Acidic dry cell batteries inhalation poisoning
Acidic dry cell batteries contain toxic chemicals which can cause symptoms if inhaled. The smoke emitted from burning batteries can also cause poisoning symptoms if sufficient quantities are inhaled. The type and severity of symptoms varies depending on t...more »
9. Acitretin- Teratogenic Agent
Reports indicate that the use of Acitretin during pregnancy may cause various harmful effects on the fetus. The likelihood and severity of symptoms may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at. Acitreti...more »
10. Ackerman syndrome
An extremely rare condition characterized primarily by glaucoma, upper lip deformity and abnormal tooth roots...

Here's the website. http://symptoms.rightdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/drenching-night-sweats/oral-thrush/headache-desc.htm

Very very easy to do a search with just typing in your symptoms all together or even separately. So why don't you explore all those possibilities like a sane rational person?

No instead you pick the ONE you are most fearful about and with lack of imagination declare it to be the worse possible case. Number one on the list above is far more common and far more deadly if untreated and could happen by picking a flower. Yet you focus only on HIV. Like I said its lack of imagination and understanding of the world around you.

I realize Facebook is the be all and end all of life, but try picking up a book, you may realize there is an entire world of possibilities and in your case illnesses that make knowing that your friend can make a duck face petty at best.

Kay86

#271394 - 03/28/13 01:11 PM

first, I have next to none of the symptoms of your aforementioned diseases/conditions.

Next, please don't make assumptions about what I do in my spare time. I haven't had a FB in years, because I dislike it and other forms of networking similar to it. And yes, I do read, quite frequently. It is not as if I post here incessantly, so why you are making baseless assumptions about how I spend my time? I do not know. This is my 2nd thread over a period 3 weeks. Kindly bear with me.
Kicker, I know you are trying to be helpful, but you're coming off as condescending as well.

I was simply asking if there were others who have experienced or know of someone who has experienced symptoms similar to mine, yet has test negative decidedly out of the window period. As far as I'm concerned, this forum allows my type of questions. Every time I make the effort to not think about my symptoms and move on, something else happens which makes me re-consider and worry. I'm only human.

kicker

#271395 - 03/28/13 01:40 PM

How exactly does none of those "fit" your symptoms? Night sweats, thrush, and headache. All of the illnesses listed can cause night sweats, headache, and thrush. That's the point. You are worried about an illness that can't be diagnosed based solely on symptoms but yet your animate that it has to be it, even when presented with other options that are just as plausible.

Plus how the hell did you even go through the entire list and base your conclusion that "none" of them fit in less than a half hour? So whom is being condescending here?

You asked if others experienced your symptoms with a negative HIV test past three years. I answered your question as a resounding YES millions upon billions of people and even gave you a good list of illnesses that present with your symptoms. Yet YOU think you know it all and refuse to accept any answer that doesn't fit your delusion.

Again whom is being condescending here? If you don't like the answer don't ask the question. You started your post with dont call you nuts or stupid yet you act nuts and stupid by not allowing for any other explanation than the one you want to hear then choose to bite the hand that is helping you because you don't like the answer.

Now I can see why your dr was quick to dismiss your problems as anxiety you won't listen to reason. You're right your question is appropriate for the board, but that doesn't mean it's appropriate to expect an answer that fits your explanation. We deal in concrete facts here, not hand holding for people who refuse to even consider another possibility.

You got your answers be grateful and do something with it rather than dismiss it.

And the next time you get the inkling to post do it when you are truly suffering and can be grateful that someone answers you with an extremely rational answer. Which is why I told you to grow the hell up with my reference to Facebook. See now in hindsight I was being nice to tell you to read a book instead of telling you the hard fact that you're acting like a child.

kicker

#271396 - 03/28/13 01:46 PM

I just looked at your time stamp. It wasn't even a half hour you read everything there was to know about over 2700 illnesses in ten minutes and decided NONE of them could possibly the cause it has to be HIV.

Wow! You're so right spot on I'm the one with the problem. Yeah ok.

Kay86

#271397 - 03/28/13 02:07 PM

I stand corrected.

As I just someone who PM'ed, my first time was with my first BF over 3 years ago. I was celibate ever since. I just don't understand how I could be that lucky/blessed enough to have made such a folly yet be negative. I have trouble accepting it I would like to, but I can't especially with my symptoms. All the recurring symptoms are upsetting and I tried to get both my doctors to do other non-HIV related tests for me to figure out what it was, but they don't believe it is anything else and that my symptoms will clear soon enough but it's going on 6 months now, without respite. One of the doctors did a lupus test which I cam out negative for as well. So I believe that is why I cling to my HIV suspicion. It might sound crazy, but there. There are better people out there than me that HIV, how could I escape not having it? I don't get it. I hate that I was so stupid over 3 years ago and cannot properly justify my actions. I tried not being anxious over the past few months about it and see this forum as an outlet.

Yes, something is definitely wrong with me, but for some reason I cannot accept my results, I'm scared that if I do, I may grow to believe it and be surprised one day if it comes out positive. I don't intend to have sex ever again as I have now grown to not think well of it. I'll try again to not post anymore.

I have offended you, but I am sorry.
Thanks,
Kay

kicker

#271399 - 03/28/13 02:34 PM

Again you are acting like a child. You are basing your reasoning on fears of being positive solely on what you think you know about HIV.

Instead of going to the extremes and throwing a tantrum, (Stating you're never going to have sex again, and that you will eventually turn up positive even though you are not engaging in any activity that can cause that) why not try learning about what you fear. You may find out its not as scary as you think once you understand how it works, why it works, and how to avoid it.

Try talking to actual people who know, are infected with, or deal with HIV. Rather than assuming all you ever needed to know was covered in a single article or a 45 minute health class. As you do you may find that your anxiety about it decreases and that you will experience less of these symptoms that you are suffering from.

All I am asking you to do is to open yourself up to the possibility you don't know everything, and that is why you are having problems. It's very adult behavior to realize you have a fear and face it rather than dismiss help in facing it.

I wish you the best of luck, but the first step in dealing with your problem is to stop looking on the internet for answers. The answers you will find won't help you much without being put into context. You actually need to talk face to face with someone who can put it into context for you so that when you do read something on the internet you can rationally read it rather than drawing conclusions from what appears to be a limited perspective/knowledge of the subject.

Again best of luck and I appreciate the apology it's a rare thing on this board.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2714

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3