Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
purplename

Reged: 02/12/13
Oraquick home test and ARS
      #270594 - 02/12/13 04:02 PM

So i had risky encounters (unprotected vaginal, oral) with a guy who gave me trichomonas. I treated that and its gone. A little over 7 weeks later i developed just one swollen lymph node under my left arm. i know it was swollen cause not only was it painful to the touch but it was also red. It went away in just two days and didn't think anything of it until

a week and a half after this two nodes under my left arm swelled within hours of waking up and were red and painful at the same time one under my right arm was swollen, but not red, just very tender. The ones in my left armpit went away in four days, the one in my right in two.

Now both times this happened i had a lot of mouth sores, sometimes two or three at a time or one after another lasting only until the lymph nodes went away.

Now through all this i HAVE NOT had any other symptoms like fever, rashes, or even feeling sick.

Do lymph nodes in ARS get red like that? can they?

I took a Oraquick home test at 10 weeks. and was negative. I asked him to take one as well and he said it turned out negative for him to but i obviously can't trust him since he lied about getting tested before.

Is this a good indication that i most likely am negative? even if i didn't test at the recommended 3 months?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Oraquick home test and ARS new
      #270596 - 02/12/13 06:18 PM

The medication you would take for the parasite infection can cause all your symptoms. Talk to your dr. But a ten week negative is highly unlikely to change.

Also this is half your fault so if you're going to be angry be angry at the fact that you were naive enough to believe serosorting is a reliable and effective way of "weeding out" stds. Most people don't know so you have the responsibility to protect yourself and you failed. Suck it up and take responsibility like a big boy.

purplename

#270602 - 02/13/13 02:36 AM

Dude, calm down, i'm here to get some peace of mind, not for someone to chide me, i don't think this is a place to do that, this is a sensitive subject.

I'm only angry at him for showing me results of his tests, telling me that he wasn't with anyone after, then when i get trich he tells me that there was another girl after his test but that it had only been once and he didn't think anything of it. Most people don't even ask for a hard copy to see.

I'm not even mad right now, just worried. And i didn't say that i wasn't taking responsibility, i think most people would be a little ticked off at that situation.

Hell i got tested and got him to test, if i wasn't at least a little responsible i wouldn't have done that and would just keep fucking people and maybe infecting them.

Back on point, the medication was already out of my system by the time i had symptoms. The only other thing it may be is that a few days before i had a yeast infection between my breast, but it had cleared up by the time the third week rolled around and i had a lot of swollen lymph nodes under my arms.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #270604 - 02/13/13 08:12 AM

"Dude, calm down, i'm here to get some peace of mind, not for someone to chide me, i don't think this is a place to do that, this is a sensitive subject.
"

This is EXACTLY the place to do this. People are here because they believe they have been infected. Sorry you feel chided because someone pointed out your choices are irresponsible.

As Kicker pointed out what you did is a GREAT way to end up with HIV.

You said you were responsible. No you weren't. Responsible behavior is ALWAYS using condoms for vaginal and anal sex until two partners decided to have a committed relationship and they go get tested together.

That's responsible.

kicker

#270609 - 02/13/13 11:49 AM

Here's some more chiding. Since all I did was scold you the first go around and didn't give you any relative information.

Just because you have stopped taking a medication doesn't mean it is out of your system. Antibiotics can continue to work up to 10 days after the last dose. (Some even longer some shorter but average is ten days). So just because you stopped doesn't mean it does.

Also if you had mentioned the yeast infection of your chest in the first post you would've been taking responsibility. Instead you use it as a means of making me feel bad for chiding you. (Didn't work)

That said any infection can cause your lymph nodes in the area to swell and hurt. The fact that you have swollen lymph nodes under your arm next to the chest where you had an infection...hmm? What makes more sense HIV or a yeast infection?

Lets make a good responsible decision here and show you the difference.

1. You were on antibiotics that warn of skin conditions as being a major problem that is a common side effect.
2. You took an HIV test at 10 weeks. It was negative. Most people will not experience symptoms of HIV infection that they notice or think its just a cold and test positive by 6 weeks.
3. You had an std. Don't think any std but HIV will cause symptoms?
4. You had a yeast infection.
5. You had vaginal sex. With the odds of being infected stated at 0.08% chance. That leaves a 99.02% chance of not being infected. That btw is the risk IF the other person is KNOWN to have untreated HIV. But you're focused on 0.08% with a partner that has NOT shown you a positive test result or said they are in fact positive.
6. Symptoms for initial HIV infection don't last 10 weeks.
7. The fact you haven't seen a dr about the lumps under your arms (which could also be ingrown hairs if you don't do the whole French thing) means you are still not taking responsibility for your own health. Otherwise you wouldn't be here complaining you would know what it is

Feeling significantly chided yet? Another example of not taking responsibility for yourself and needing to grow up. Also a little insight, when you take responsibility for your own actions HIV isn't a "sensitive" subject that invokes fear. It empowers you so the fear goes away.

So I will stick with my original post and this one. How you choose to feel about FACTS is up to you and is your responsibility not mine. Mine is to give accurate and up to date information. Not hold your hand.

purplename

#270611 - 02/13/13 12:14 PM

First i did go to the doctor, She has no clue as to what set it off and i know that the medication was out of my system because she TOLD me that it takes three days after my last dose. i had my symptoms almost two months after that last dose, so yes, it was out of my system.

She also said that she didn't know what caused my lymph nodes because yeast infections (as she said) don't cause swollen lymph nodes like that. she asked me if i bumped my hand or had any infection in my nails and i said no. She was stumped.

I asked her if i could take an HIV test and she said it would be pointless since i took one five months ago and i should only be tested every six. Do you see my problem now?

And my initial symptoms lasted three weeks, if i count the week in between that nothing happened. not ten.

If your job wasn't to hold my hand like a child, then its not to speak to me and chide me like a child either. What i did has been done, and there was no reason for you to do so.

purplename

#270612 - 02/13/13 12:23 PM

Don't you think i KNOW my choices were irresponsible? I got and STI, i think i'm perfectly chided by that fact alone.

And no, i said i was being responsible now by testing and getting my partner to test.

And also committed relationships mean nothing. I know tons of girls who got a number of STI's from there so called boyfriends. Hell my brother cheated on his prego fiance and got herpes from a stripper. So really responsible is ALWAYS wearing a condom no matter what. The truth is people lie and cheat all the time.

The guy i was with, it wasn't supposed to be a one or two time thing, we were going out forever until i decided i wanted to go till the next level, we showed each other our recent tests and he just lied about not being with anyone after the tests. Most people don't even ask for a test, they just fuck.

kicker

#270613 - 02/13/13 12:56 PM

Not angry but when people give you facts you only focus on the negative points you choose to see, but you're not a child. Right. Gotcha. Since we are so insensitive and don't understand what you are going through why not find another site that feeds that ego of yours. Apparently you're smarter than anyone here and have more experience than your dr and us.

Why waste what little time you have left, since your .08% sure it's HIV, finding people elsewhere that will feed into your delusions of being infected. This way you don't have to be castigated (see you're not the only one with a vocabulary) here among people who don't understand the plight you are going through and have no clue what you're going through.

Btw. The two that have answered your ungrateful callow ass are HIV positive and have been educating people about HIV here and in the community for a combined 20+ yrs. but we are insensitive. Right. Gotcha.

Good luck you'll need it.

purplename

#270614 - 02/13/13 01:16 PM

I never said i was sure that i had HIV. AT ALL. I'm not some OCD chick.
i never said "for sure this is HIV, omg what am i gonna do."

I asked about my lymph nodes, just to Rule out HIV. And you went on a tangent, but since i defended myself you get mad and think i'm ungrateful.

Seriously i have read a few posts on here where people are so sure, and yet their symptoms don't match up at all (e.g. ankle hurts, wrist feels sore) I had humongous swollen lymph nodes confirmed by a doctor that didn't know what i had and wouldn't give me any type of blood test to confirm anything. That with the increased chances with Trich of course i would be worried, so i posted on here just to get a little piece of mind or strengthen it. Not be chided like a child.

You are positive, do you want someone chiding you? Should i chide you for some mistake you did long ago? The same mistake i made?

I read over some of you posts and you just sound angry every single time. If this is how you "educate" you are not doing it right.

But i thank you anyway for some of the info you gave me, it did help a bit.

kicker

#270615 - 02/13/13 02:09 PM

I take full responsibility for becoming infected through my part. I wasn't careful and I trusted the wrong person. I have never once said it was their fault or they should've told me. Nor have I made any effort in my personal life to blame them or others for it.

You on the other hand have blamed the dr for not giving you the tests you wanted. Blamed the guy for not telling you he had sex with someone else after his last test. Shot down any other alternative to your problem, and blamed me for treating you like a child when giving you facts and advice that serosorting is an extremely bad safe sex practice. Hell you've even blamed other people who infect other people as to your reason for searching for information.

But I digress. You're right. I'm angry in all my posts cause reading inflection is objective never subjective. You've been slighted and ridiculed and chided. You've been the victim all over again by a total stranger over the Internet.

Some day hopefully sooner rather than later you will realize that everything in the world doesn't revolve around you or anyone. Maybe then you can be more objective rather than read into things that weren't there to begin with and take some responsibility for yourself.

Again good luck. And please do find another site for your rants and fits. This site is for people actually looking for information about HIV not playing the what ifs game or the blame game. We would like to keep it that way. Thanks.

purplename

#270616 - 02/13/13 02:23 PM

I'm not blaming anyone.

And isn't that what you are supposed to do? show each other your tests? That's what i did, i didn't just ask him "hey are you infected?" He lied and i accept that i shouldn't trust anyone.

And i didn't blame the doctor in anyway, all i said was that she didn't give me a test so i want to rule things out. You put words in other people's mouth.

I didn't shoot down any alternatives, just the one's you gave me because i had facts my Doc said to me. That's not shooting them down, just making them inviable. I'm sorting it out, i didn't say well i can't be that it HAS to be HIV. Never once did i say that, hell for all i know it could be something autoimmune, i'm not going to say its just one thing.

It wasn't a rant and fit till you made it one. I asked questions, you were the one that decided to chide me instead of really answering any of my questions. Iike you said yourself it for information, not chiding, or calling someone out on their mistakes. Which you did. You are not healthy to this site either. All you had to do was answer my questions and at the end add in to be safe next time, as i should know already, not be this self riotous asshole. This is the Am i infected thread, of course there will be what ifs and questions, don't go on it if you are easily annoyed.

That's all i will say if you reply i honestly don't care. You need to help yourself.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #270617 - 02/13/13 03:36 PM

ok enough arguing.

forget about the swollen lymph nodes and your doctor. both irrelevant in terms of your status. your 10-week test is pretty conclusive. the full recommended window period is 12 weeks, but most people test positive by weeks 4-6. anyway, as mentioned, very unlikely your 12-week test will be different than your 10-week negative. but if you want absolute peace of mind, test again at 12 weeks.

as for your partner, either get another at-home test for him to take with you, or go get tested together. but honestly, if you are having trouble trusting him, you should be using condoms every time anyway. in any case, good luck and good health!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

purplename

#270619 - 02/13/13 03:43 PM

Thanks!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7725

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3