Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
scared_tester

Reged: 02/02/13
Test results
      #270472 - 02/02/13 11:50 AM

It really is true that you can't diagnose with symptoms. I had every text book symptom, even the rare ones... I have lymph nodes swollen all over my neck and head about 9 total and one large one in my groin, they've been there for 3 months now. I had molluscum for 2 years. My nails started to look unhealthy with horizontal ridges. I had what I thought was "seroconversion" terrible terrible flu and a rash on my neck and shoulders. I started to need naps during the middle of the day (I'm only 25) I get winded just from a regular walk up the stairs. I have headaches everyday. blah blah I'm sure you know the symptoms. I spent sometimes 8 to 10 hours on the internet looking at symptoms. Cures for HIV. How much my medication would cost, how I would tell my family, wondering if my husband would leave me and living with the regret that being in the heat of the moment may have jepordized my life. I have learned alot about HIV and I wish I had been more informed to begin with. I know now it's not a death sentence, it's not a punishment, and ultimately we are all face the same fate.

After 6 months of destorying myself with stress, I finally tested and I am HIV negative. I wanted to say thank you to the people here that helped me.

I am ashamed at how I used to look at HIV. Not until thinking that I might have it did I take the time to learn the facts. I pray the best for all of you and thank you for being there for me when I needed and felt so alone. <3

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ak1983

Reged: 01/20/13
Re: Test results new
      #270474 - 02/02/13 12:40 PM

reading your post, has really helped me think in a positive way. I had unprotected sex a month ago and i started feeling groin pain, and other symptoms. A month after at this moment the major symptom that i am noticing is muscle pain in upper back, neck, shoulders, arms and some in leg and join pains. Trust me i am doing the same thing that you were joing, going online and reading up on things and i am still sitting here thinking if its true than how am i going to explain this to my family. I had a test done at 2 weeks which came back negative and i am waiting another 2 week and get tested at the 7 week mark. Lets hope my results are as good as yours.

Be safe

scared_tester

Reged: 02/02/13
Re: Test results new
      #270482 - 02/03/13 07:08 AM

I was fatigued, I had terribleis joint pain and at one point I thought I had thrush. (The mind really can do tricky things to your body) I was so scared to test because I was 100% positive that I knew what it was. There was no way all of my symptoms could be related to anything else. This was my first time being tested and ive had unprotected sex more than once. It came to the point where I couldnt handle the stress and tested out of pure "If I do have HIV, I need to start treating it" I read alot about hiv and its not as easy to contract as the worlds has made it out to be. I mean dont get me wrong, one mistake could change your life but odds are low. Please dont spend your time online looking at symptoms. It will only make it seem more real. Just go get tested. I bought a private homeaccess test for $50 online. You test at home, send your sample in anonymously and get the results the next day. I pray that you have an outcome like mine. And yes I WILL be staying safe for the rest of my life and if a time ever comes that I am at risk, I will get PEP immediately after. Take care and good wishes

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1109

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3