Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
desertfox

Reged: 11/22/12
High Risk Contact, ARS Symptomatic, and Scared *DELETED*
      #269160 - 11/22/12 03:11 PM

Post deleted by desertfox

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: High Risk Contact, ARS Symptomatic, and Scared new
      #269167 - 11/22/12 03:57 PM

Hey Fox , sorry to hear your in the stress boat. Though you say you tend to be an overly anxious person , right now your stress level is the same as every one that has been in that boat. It's never easy waiting for anything but just keep yourself busy and think positve , sorry about the pun, . The thing I do want to tell you is that no matter what none of this has to change your position in the medical field. I to am in that field , and there is no risk to those I have contact with , it's actually the other way around. But you take precautions . I actualy find that the meds makes my system stronger than most. I harly ever get a cold or anything. physical. I use to be bothered mentally but the longer I was pos and the more I learned and lived with it the more I realize all is well . With all that said I still hope and pray that your test come out fine. Fell free to come chat , Either way take care and know that life always goes on no matter what. And it gets better all the time.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

casper

Reged: 11/12/12
      #269174 - 11/22/12 05:10 PM

Hey there, i can certainly understand your anxiety there. All of us here were in the same boat one time or another. Before getting tested, my anxiety was eating me alive, effecting both work and personal life. I applaud you for taking the action to get tested instead of trying to diagnose yourself. Although there are other STDs that are just as fatal, I guess HIV could be the scariest one due to factors such as lack of cure and other stigmas.... My advice here: You should still get a full STI test done... Until you can be adequately tested, you should take your mind off of it (its hard, I know, but do try...) In my experience, you can literally go crazy googling symptoms and trying to self diag. If you must poke around, check out "I just tested Positive" section, you will discover a whole community that are supportive and positive attitudes.... letting you know that there is still life after being HIV+.....

well wishes...

desertfox

Reged: 11/22/12
      #269178 - 11/22/12 06:03 PM

@ River/Casper - Thank you both for taking a moment to write a simple note. Having someone to talk too is incredibly important to me. I come from a small town and have worked with poz patients and was shocked at the stigma with which they were treated at the hospital by those educated on what HIV really is. While I'm not very gregarious, I think being ostracized from society is one of the scariest things about this virus. In any event its 330 am here and after getting a whole 3 hours of sleep before waking up and stressing myself out again I had better at least try to get some shut eye. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks once again..

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1967

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3