Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Gianerick
New User

Reged: 11/12/12
Hiv through earrings
      #268955 - 11/12/12 06:24 PM

My friend gave me a pair of earrings , he told me he put them on the day before and that he desinfect them , i cleaned them with water only and put them on , problem is i dont know if he has hiv and i dont believe him either about desinfect them either. The earrings did not have anything on them , no blood ( no dried blood , no fresh blood ) not even dirt or any time of hair they looked 100% clean like new . What i want to know is ... If this is a posible hiv exposure ? They say virus doesnt live more than 5 minutes out of the body and that in dried blood it is dead , if dried hiv blood gets into my body can i get infected ? Im soo scared i cant even smile anymore , i dont talk anymore , i am always locked up in my room searching for hiv information , i only live crying and praying to god i dont get infected ! If in 3 months i dont feel any symptoms after that little exposure can i still be infected ? Im currently 12 days after exposure . What freaks me out is that he smokes weed , he doesnt have too much sex probably he is virgin and he doesnt inject needle drugs either ( thats what he says ) but by knowing he smokes weed it completely freaks me out i asked him if he had and he told me he didnt have nothing but obviously no one is gonna say hey i have hiv , i dont actually talk to him about his hiv status cause he is gonna deny that he has something he doenst look like he has hep a , b or c either , his eyes dont look yellow and his skin doesnt look yellow either !! please i need help , how much do i have to wait to take a hiv and hepatitis test ? Everyone says 3 months .. i cannot wait 3 months im gonna go crazy . how much hiv and hepatitis test costs ? I am really young and i dont want to die i really need help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Hiv through earrings new
      #268956 - 11/12/12 06:34 PM

12 days after your exposure? What exposure? You didn't have one.

Stop the Hysterics You get HIV from unprotected sex. Not a pair of earrings.

Good grief.

Gianerick
New User

#268963 - 11/13/12 02:49 PM

Are you sure ? I was gonna take a test .. Depending on what you say to me i will take the option , please tell me if there is a posibility that i can catch hiv through earrings by the situation i explained here, i dont want to live all my life happy thinking that i am healthy , clean and that i dont have anything , and suddenly aids blow up for not getting treated for hiv and family members find me dead at my house , that would be a horrible thing , by the way i know this is not an hepatitis forum but can you tell me if there is no hepatitis exposure by the situation i explained ? Remember ... It didnt had blood , but i have heard hepatitis can live outside the body for many days !! Thank you so much :/

ashler1977
Veteran

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #268964 - 11/13/12 03:09 PM

Quote:

The earrings did not have anything on them , no blood ( no dried blood , no fresh blood ) not even dirt or any time of hair they looked 100% clean like new

So? Why are you worried?

Quote:

i dont want to live all my life happy thinking that i am healthy , clean and that i dont have anything , and suddenly aids blow up for not getting treated for hiv and family members find me dead at my house

Oh please. Give me a break.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

Gianerick
New User

#268965 - 11/13/12 04:43 PM

Hey , i may sound like an ignorant or idiot saying this things but hey im just a teenager im too young , imagine how bad i feel right now , and i feel even more bad because i have never been orientated about hiv so i dont know nothing about this , i only now people have gotten it from sex and needles but i have never been oriented or told about any more posible risks ... So this is why i asked this , please understand my desperation and posible ignorant comments i just want someone to tell me what are the risks of getting hiv through earrings .. Thats all , i didnt come here to look like im a crazy person to hiv experts here by posting nonsense or meaningless things, understand that i have never been talked or oriented about hiv i want to be oriented !!

ashler1977
Veteran

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #268966 - 11/13/12 05:54 PM

Here you are:

http://www.thebody.com/content/30024/hiv-transmission.html

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

Gianerick
New User

#268967 - 11/13/12 06:11 PM

Thank you for your help i apreciate that you put atention and take from your time to reply me thank you soo much actually i read some things in the link you put in the reply im a little more confident !! , but it doesnt talk about spreading through earrings soo im still a little worried !!

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #268976 - 11/14/12 10:45 AM

Sweetie you can't get it by sharing earings. And you can't get it by sharing panties. I understand your a teen , and it's good thatyou want to understand all of this. You were sent a link to learn about it. If you have questions you don't understand you can pm me. or even someone else here for the sake of education . Whatever it takes for yo to be safe , ok?

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Gianerick
New User

#268990 - 11/14/12 06:42 PM

Thank you very much !! i appreciate it !! Btw i send you a pm , btw im not so worried about hiv now im still worried about it because everything in this world is posible and i have a really bad luck , but now my nerves are more focused on hepatitis and this is even worse from what i have read ! I have heard horrible level things about it and i am much worried now !!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5226

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3