Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
KWH25

Reged: 11/08/12
Do you think I should be really worried.
      #268883 - 11/08/12 11:06 PM

Hello everyone,

I am looking for little feedback from those in the know about HIV symptoms. Here's my story.

I am a 25 year old Australian female, I have had unprotected sex with three different guys, one of the guys more than once (maybe 3 times) only one came inside of me once and it was conventional sex, none of these guys HIV status was known to me nor were they of a high risk group last possible exposure was about 1 year ago.
I am bulimic and have had an eating disorder roughly about three years thought this may be relevant to my health status.
I moved overseas two years ago and since my health started to decline. I have just moved home and have been getting strange symptoms like swollen glands (3 weeks) fatigue, kind or stiff neck, sore red eyes, a little redness at the tip of my tongue and BV which I also had about two years ago and had treated.
I just wanted to know, if my first possible exposure was 2 years ago and my last about 1 year ago would these symptoms be consistent with HIV.

I am very award I need to get tested and am planning to do so but I am really worried for the outcome and would like some feedback about my symptoms.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Do you think I should be really worried. new
      #268887 - 11/09/12 08:47 AM

Symptoms of HIV are the same as for hundreds of other diseases. The fact is that after an initial illness during seroconversion a person is unlikely to experience any health issues due to HIV for 5-10 years.

Trying to decide if you might have HIV with a discussion of symptoms is like trying to discern next weeks weather by looking at what it did last week.

You know you have to get a test. Do so.

ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #268891 - 11/09/12 03:30 PM

Quote:

nor were they of a high risk group

what is a high risk group. prostitutes? gays? prostitutes use condoms everytime they have sex to protect themselves from their clients. my best friend is gay and he protects himself more than many girls I know. you must understand that there are no high risk group but rather high risk behaviours.

as crabman said, you need to test. by having unprotected sex you put yourself at risk for HIV and other STIs. hopefully you will come out of this OK. you need to take care of yourself by using condoms from now on.

best wishes.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #268893 - 11/09/12 08:53 PM

Girl , Girl , GIRL You have got to start taking some precautions ! Have some of your own condoms with you . And in the meantime go get tested. I am an infected female and I would like to shake you by the shoulders and rattle that brain of yours.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 878

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3