Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jonah4321

Reged: 11/04/12
Is this possibly ARS?
      #268794 - 11/04/12 09:54 AM

Hi!
I had protected vaginal sex at a strip club about 2 weeks ago. The woman had provided the condom. A couple of days back, I developed a faint pain in my lower abdomen/groin area. As I palpitated the area of pain, I felt a faint swelling of the lymph node. The pain is bilateral. I have no other swellings or other symptoms. Could this be ARS? I am scared silly. Please advice!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
Re: Is this possibly ARS? new
      #268800 - 11/04/12 10:15 AM

If you used a condom and it didn't break you had no risk. Period.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

jonah4321

#268813 - 11/05/12 05:12 AM

Thanks so much for your response! The woman had also applied some spit on my penis shaft, before she put the condom on. I am just not sure why I would have localized lymph node swelling for four days, without any reason. It is subsiding now. Could it be symptomatic of another STI?

ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #268818 - 11/05/12 01:34 PM

Quote:

Thanks so much for your response! The woman had also applied some spit on my penis shaft, before she put the condom on. I am just not sure why I would have localized lymph node swelling for four days, without any reason. It is subsiding now. Could it be symptomatic of another STI?

was the lymph node swelling confirmed by a Doctor or is an auto-diagnosis? only a Doctor can confirm that.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

jonah4321

#268831 - 11/06/12 05:32 AM

I had not mentioned that a couple of days after the exposure, I got a painless bump under the skin on my inner thigh. The bump was about my skin color or slightly darker than my skin, without any pustules, or any crusts or oozing. And it started shrinking. When I put this symptom in conjunction with the tenderness in my abdominal lymph nodes, I have a strong feeling that I have genital herpes. I am scared silly. I had a condom on. If I can get herpes, why not HIV? I would love for some advice or reassurance. Thanks!

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #268833 - 11/06/12 08:04 AM

Well first off you don't know you have herpes. Strong feelings don't count for diagnosis of any disease.

How could you get Herpes and not HIV when wearing a condom? Herpes is extremely easily passed via close skin contact. You don't even have to have sex. HIV isn't transmitted that way. It's also a very fragile virus that quickly loses it's ability to infect once outside the body....and it can't pass through condoms if that's what your getting at, the CDC shot holes in that claim decades ago.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1205

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3