Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
stodam

Reged: 11/02/12
scared that i may have got infected
      #268774 - 11/02/12 10:47 AM

I had protected sex with another guy for the first time. (I usually am with girls) he also performed oral on me several times. I gave him oral for probably 30 seconds. A lot of making out was involved. A week after my armpits started to hurt and I have 2 bumps on my right side under my armpit but not in it. My left armpit has a swollen gland. I also think that I have a swollen gland under my left ear. and also have one like on my hip. I felt fine besides the bumps but just recently I have been feeling tired more often. Could I have been infected. This happened at college. But prior to me and him being together I had major stress and anxiety due to being at a new school living on campus. I'm just really freaked out and could use some input on what people think. also I did not blow a load and he did not blow either during oral. I hope it's anxiety but swollen glands do not happen from anxiety.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MobileBayGay

Reged: 11/01/12
Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Re: scared that i may have got infected new
      #268775 - 11/02/12 11:57 AM

First, I would calm down. You have a better chance of being struck by lightening that getting HIV from having protected sex, kissing, or even oral sex. It takes a long time after infection for people to start getting any opportunistic diseases, so even if by some INCREDIBLY remote chance you did get HIV, your immune system wouldn't be so weakened in a week that you would see any signs. Risks of HIV infection from oral sex and kissing is actually still only "theoretical," which means there are still no scientifically proven cases of HIV being transmitted by either out of the millions of people infected in the world. This should give you an idea of the odds.

Of course the smartest thing to do is get tested. Living with your anxiety is probably no better than the fear of being tested. From what you've described, your test will come back negative. Get tested in three more months as a follow-up.

Sounds like you need to see an internal medicine doctor, not an ID doctor.

Use a condom. Never share needles. You'll never have to worry.

I've been in a sexual romantic relationship with an HIV+ partner for years, and I'm still negative. We have protected sex. Kiss like fools. Shower together. Sleep together. Drink after each other. It's not easy to get HIV if you do some very simple, easy things. It sounds like you did this.

stodam

Reged: 11/02/12
      #268776 - 11/02/12 12:18 PM

Also we engaged in rimming too. could that cause it? or could I have mono? I would not be so freaked out its just the swollen glands that scare me

MobileBayGay

Reged: 11/01/12
Loc: Mobile, Alabama
      #268777 - 11/02/12 12:27 PM

NO. You are at greater risk of other types of infection like hepatitis from rimming. Like kissing and oral sex, getting HIV from rimming is also "theoretical." There are many, many things that can cause swollen lymph nodes in the healthiest of people. But it sounds like you're self diagnosing, which you shouldn't do. Get tested to ease your mind (there are lots of free places that do this). And go to a doc in the box for you're other symptoms. Again, from what you've described, there's no reason at this point to think you have HIV or that symptoms you're having relate to that.

As far as the mono, well sure. It's the kissing disease. Actually mono is far easier to catch than HIV.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1513

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3