Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worried22yo
Expert

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Northeast PA
tonsil loss
      #26875 - 01/11/02 11:40 AM

hey sorry for posting so much--has anyone ever heard of HIV causing tonsil loss and if so how much of a bad sign is this??

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Xander
All Star

Reged: 10/01/01
Re: tonsil loss new
      #26892 - 01/11/02 04:45 PM

I have never heard of any connection between hiv and tonsil loss, but if I am reading the medical jargon correctly, atrophy of the tonsils may be somewhat common in adults with chronic tonsillitis. See:

http://ams.cu.edu.tr/September2000Vol9No3/ahmet.html
http://www.med-help.net/Tonsillitis.html

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26904 - 01/11/02 06:09 PM

Worried22yo, I was going to post the following message so you could see how silly you are, but I decided it would be too mean. I understand you're a worried well, and there's nothing wrong with that. You're just trying to be extra careful, and that's relly quite noble of you. Sorry about this message, but maybe it might snap you out of your worried state. I meant no harm, so don't get too mad as you read this...

IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION:

Tonsil atrophy is by far the most serious indication of HIV infection. The reason for this is because the tonsil atrophy will cause all the other HIV tests to give false negative results. For example, a PCR at 28 days, which would normally be as accurate as a 6 month elisa, would reveal no detectable viral load, because of the tonsil atrophication process. Also, an elisa at 5 1/2 months, which is normally just as good as a 6 month test, would not detect any HIV antibodies, due to the atrophy of the tonsil.

These HIV related tonsil atrophy cases are very common. All the medical journals have covered this phenominon in depth. Usually the patient will show lots of symptoms as these HIV tests continue to give negative results.

Medical science provides an excellent explanation of how the atrophied tonsil is capable of hiding virus and preventing the formation of antibodies. Apparently the tonsil in question will absorb all of the HIV virus from the body, and then it procedes to commit suicide by atrophy. There are no antibodies, because all of the virus is contained within the atrophied tonsil. Unfortunately, prognosis is very grim in these cases, because even though there is no HIV virus or antibodies in the body, the patient quickly succumbs to a degenerative mental condition in which they proceed to ignore all medical advise from doctors, experts, and laymen alike.

JUST KIDDING!! :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26905 - 01/11/02 06:44 PM

you are truly evil. that reads just like a medical artical. i hope 22yo kicks your hinie

worried22yo
Expert

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Northeast PA
      #26921 - 01/12/02 01:47 AM

hey man. i know how low the odds are and stuff. i know it sounds ridiculous. but it makes some sense symptoms and time frame wise. and i just have no other explanation. thanks for the attempted humor, i almost laughed. take care bud.

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4567

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3