Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
DaveTammy

Reged: 10/10/12
Concerned but hopefully we'll find out tomorrow
      #267905 - 10/10/12 08:49 PM

Yep we're running scared or at least I am. My wife just doesn't feel like its probable.

So far the only symptom we can find that we have is a reoccuring yeast infection but I am diabetic and I believe I got it from her, never got treatment for it but know I had some issues between the times we had sex. I just thought it was soap not agreeing with me. Then she would get it again. Also seem to be near her period time when she gets it.

Anyway, I googled reoccuring or chronic yeast infection and HIV popped up all over the place. She thinks I got it from her or that I gave it to her and we have just kept passing it back and forth because I am diabetic and was never treated for it and would seem to have an outbreak even if we were not intimate.

Anyway, running my anxiety and panic disorder rampid, lol. We aren't without risk as we've been married for more than 15 years but have also been swingers a good bit of that time too, although we quite all that a while back ago, so we are in a risk category even though it was always hetro swinging.

Anyway hopefully we will know tomorrow. The test results are back but the nurse said she couldn't give them to me because they have to be looked at by the doctor first who was out so maybe tomorrow morning I'll have a definitive answer. My wife seems not to be bothered as again the only symptom we've had is the yeast infection which she is adamant we've just been passing back and forth and our GP agreed that was probably it.

So if it turns out we are +, does it mean we have full blown Aids since it seems to be a symptom of that category?

I've research a lot and it seems we didn't have any of the other symptoms at all so far.

Also if we are already at advanced stages and categorized as AIDS, can antiretrovirals still bring the CD4 counts up and viral load down or are you just already toast and need to make funeral arrangements.

Whewww, these panic attacks are rough!

Thanks for any insight.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Concerned but hopefully we'll find out tomorrow new
      #267914 - 10/10/12 10:19 PM

How absurd and ridiculous. Since you researched it why don't you mention the other causes of male yeast infections? Like being overweight and having poor hygiene. Or high blood sugar such as when you have uncontrolled diabetes (sound familiar?).

Good luck tomorrow.

DaveTammy

#267915 - 10/10/12 10:50 PM

Oh man I sure hope you are right and I am being rediculas. I thought I did mention it, about diabetes and stated that it could be part of the problem. As for cleanliness, I stay very clean.

Certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers about it and perhaps it is my anxiety and panic disorder taking over. I hope so but when we mentioned our past swinging, the doc thought we should be tested.

I am really not trying to offend anyone for sure.

So should we have other symptoms or can you have only the one? Also if one symptom is good enough, does that necessarily mean we'd be in stage 3 "symptomatic"?

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #267937 - 10/11/12 09:32 AM

You didn't offend anyone . Not at all. We appologize if it came off that way. Just listen to your wife . Ladies know more about yeast infections then men do. All will be well, Take care.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

DaveTammy

#267946 - 10/11/12 12:08 PM

Thanks! I know people on here have worse problems but I've suffered from panic attacks and high anxiety for 25 years. Wife is prety supportive but I know it gets old for her.

Still really worried though and still waiting on a doc call. Going up there later today and just set in the office if she hasn't called until someone will tell me the results. Whatever the results, I am to the point to where I hope they couldn't be worse than the constant panic attacks I've been having for the last two weeks.

I just know after doing all this reasearch that we are at risk, even if the yeast infection is not related to HIV because we didn't just have a few swinging partners, we had many along with going to parties and the such. No way to take back what was done a good while back.

I am still wondering if we did have it and it was advanced to the symptomatic stage or advanced stage these two questions:

1. Does it mean your toast if you are at advanced stage or will antiretrovirals get you back out of the OI stage?

2. If we were in the advanced stage or the symptomatic stage, would we be having other issues besides just the yeast infection?

Thanks again everyone and I really do appreciate the info. There is just so much info out there and a lot of it seems to contridict each other (could be my novice understanding though) that I feel much better hearing from you knowledgeable folks.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #267948 - 10/11/12 01:19 PM

1. Antivirals will work at any stage of HIV infection. The long term positive outcome varies dependent on cd4 count and viral load when started but 9:10 they make a drastic improvement and you get years added to your life.

2. Chances are yes you would be seeing other problems not just yeast infections. You would see low energy levels, constant illnesses, pneumonia, skin problems such as rashes, etc. not everyone shows this but it's more common to have these problems than not. And being you believe you and your wife are infected at least one of you should have worse symptoms playing the odds.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1193

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3