Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Browneyes

Reged: 09/24/12
Two Nights - HIV Exposure?
      #267234 - 09/24/12 07:40 PM

This happened 5 weeks ago....

I am a female. I have been in an extreme panic state for the last 5 weeks. I was dating a guy and on one night performed oral sex on me. Then he rubbed his bare penis on my bare outer vagina. I was wet while he did this. I am worried because I believe that his precum was rubbing off on my outer vagina area and possibly mixing with my own wetness. Then after a minute or so, he inserted his fingers in my vagina, and fingered my for about 3 or 4 minutes. We didn't have intercourse because he didn't have a condom. My concern is that if he is HIV positive, his precum might have made it into my vagina when he rubbed through the outer vagina area to insert his fingers in the vagina.

The next day I performed oral sex on him and had protected vaginal intercourse. When he pulled out, I noticed that the condom had slipped halfway down his penis. It was still on, and I could see the cum at the tip. He had a pretty small penis, and am worried his semen might have slipped out some?

Do you think it's possible that there might have been some semen on the shaft - the area that was exposed when the condom slipped half way down? and would that have been enough semen to infect if he was HIV positive?

3 nights ago 31 days after latest exposure. I began developing a rash on the inner upper part of my right arm (the part that rubs against the body and is soft). They are like little raised dots with small patches of red inflammation. The red inflammation is not raised, but the little dots are a little raised. The next day, the same thing happened on my left arm in the same area, then rashes progressed down my inner forearms. Only in the inner part, not the rest of the arm. It has now, 3 days later spread to my chest, back, and even upper legs. It doesn’t itch but my back does feel hot.

I am worried this is the rash associated with ARS.

I tested yesterday 33-34 days post my possible exposure (1 or 2 days shy of 5 weeks) with and HIV Elisa test and it came out negative, but I fear it might still be too early.

Was I at risk??

How soon I can test? I know they say 3 months, but I've also read that a test as early as 5 or 6 weeks after exposure are pretty conclusive.

I will appreciate any comments or advice.

Thank You.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
Re: Two Nights - HIV Exposure? new
      #267244 - 09/25/12 06:51 AM

Quote:

The next day I performed oral sex on him

the only risk (and is actually a very, very low risk regarding HIV) in your story is you performing unprotected oral sex on him. there are, however, other known risks in this practice:

http://www.sfcityclinic.org/stdbasics/stdchart.asp

I personally advice using condoms for everything with people we don't know their status, just to err in the side of caution.

A negative test is always a good thing. You must know by now that with current tests virtually everyone infected test positive six weeks post exposure. The 3 months windows is to be extra sure we are not missing some "rare" case.

Again, the HIV risk here is extremely low. I would be more concerned about other STIs.

Good luck.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

Browneyes

#267248 - 09/25/12 10:29 AM

Thank you Ashler,

Your reply really helped me out here.

Browneyes

#267254 - 09/25/12 01:27 PM

do you believe the rash is just a coincidence? does the description sound like the rash that may appear during ARS?

I visited a Dr. about it and he gave me a some Chloropyramine antihistamine pills that has stopped the rash from speading and seem be reducing the rash.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3028

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3