Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
BooBoo
Unregistered

Tough one for group
      #26715 - 01/09/02 09:43 AM

Here is tough one. In march last year I met couple and went home with them. Received unprotected oral from both, kissed her only did not touch either of them. 3 weeks later had white chancre on tongue, fatigue, sinus infection and mild sweats. Fatigue continued for almost 5 months. Also had mouth sores, skin itching and cough. Had elysa at 1,3 and 7.5 months all negative. During that period developed small black spots (maybe purpura) on skin. Cough and itch continue still today, backe aches and multiple lymph nodes in neck and armpit now swollen. Dr. says 6 months is definite and I am imagining things. Problem is I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (an autoimmune disease) and am on Methotrexate (an immuno-supressant) anybody have any thoughts? Should I belive 7.5 month test get other type of test or test again at a year?

Thanks for help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
worried22yo
Expert

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Northeast PA
Re: Tough one for group new
      #26722 - 01/09/02 10:33 AM

hey. ive had similar symptoms too--just got over a nasty tongue sore but again this was at past 6 months and i had a neg. at 5 1/2. home access results next week. i just wanna know whats wrong so i know how frustrated you are.

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Bearded Dragon
Unregistered

#26726 - 01/09/02 11:22 AM

The fact that you have an AUTOIMMUNE disease is THEE most probable cause of ALOT of your health issues. HOWEVER, YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV! I'm 100% sure of this. Stop worrying about HIV and seek treatment of the UNDERLYING culprit, most probably your arthritic condition...

Bearded Dragon

JTAnon
Regular

Reged: 01/29/01
      #26740 - 01/09/02 01:16 PM

I agree with the Dragon. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV...don't particularly know what your problem is but it's not HIV.

JTAnon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26779 - 01/09/02 07:20 PM

When you say that you "received unprotected oral" I think you mean that they sucked/licked you. That means they were the "receptive" partner, not you. I know this seems backwards! But if you are male then you can understand that you were the "penetrative" partner, not "receptive."

Anyway, the only cases of hiv infection from oral sex were cases where the receptive partner got it, not the other way around. In other words, as far as oral goes, it is much safer to be sucked than it is to suck. And the receptive partner should try not to get any ejaculate in their mouth, because ejaculate adds to their risk.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1586

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3