Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

symptom worry
      #26648 - 01/08/02 06:53 PM

After reading infected post i am worried. I had painful testicles 3 weeks after exposure. Is this a commen symptom????

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bearded Dragon
Unregistered

Re: symptom worry new
      #26654 - 01/08/02 07:10 PM

Painful testicles can be related to ton's of different illnesses, I have never heard any data relating that directly to HIV infection. Do a GOOGLE search and let us all know. Hoped this helped

German Giant Bearded Dragon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26656 - 01/08/02 07:15 PM

I had the same thing in left testical at week eight after two nights of drneching night sweats! I went to doc and he thought it likely epididymitis, and that became prosatitis.

SideBurn
Unregistered

#26671 - 01/08/02 08:39 PM

[censored] i had Same thing 1 month after exposure. Does This mean something since we are all here on an HIV Board

Side Burn
Unregistered

Hurt Testicle Sufferers read This !!! And Reply new
      #26685 - 01/08/02 09:31 PM

I mean read this thread. Also Can you all elaberate on other symptoms

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hurt Testicle Sufferers read This !!! And Reply new
      #26712 - 01/09/02 09:01 AM

SideBurn: What happened to me was this: immediate symptom after possible low risk exposure (anal rimming by high risk prostitute) was intense insomnia that lasted for four continuous months. That was the backdrop to the more specific symptoms. At week 9 I remember clearly masturbating when I had a very full bladder, afterwhich I had difficulty urinating. Two days later, I had two successive nights of drenching night sweats and got very worried. A few days later I had a severe pain in my left testical, which was the same type that I had years ago with a case of epididymitis. Went to Dr. and he put me on abx. for 14 days and this helped. Urine culture showed no sign of infection. Prostate exam was normal. However, I still had frequent urination, some dull pain, split stream urine. I returned to Dr. and he wondered about herpes, etc...I told him my possible risk and he shrugged it off. Symptoms did not improve and got a bit worse. I started to think I had a prostate problem after visiting the newsgroups. I returned to Dr. and he put me on 30 days abx., which markedly improved my situation. Since then, over the past 6-7 months, I do have dull pain in the testical sometimes, and also behind my pubic bone, still have split stream urination, and also have a weird periodic atrophy of my penis (it shrinks up inside me), especially if I do something like ride my bike. I have found that 400mg of querticin really helps, and if I go off of this, symptoms get worse.

So, my testical pain was the first symptom to come on right after night sweats (very profuse sweating-- had to change the sheets). And this was during a time of intense sleeplessness. I never considered hiv risk until the time of the testical pain, and then have worried since then but have not yet tested.

What is your story?

SideBurn
Unregistered

Re: Hurt Testicle Sufferers read This !!! And Repl new
      #26792 - 01/09/02 11:46 PM

Well about 3 weeks after unprotected inter couse with a woman i had been have protected intercourse and unprotected oral sex with for a year i developed a pain in my left testicle after a monthe i went to Dr and he said it was epididymitis and gave me Abx for 10 days felt better but still a little painful at times. then i had unprotected sex two days later with my girlfriend of 6 years and testicle started hurting again so i went back to Dr. and he gave me 5 days zithromax whickh helped and told me to have girlfriend checked For STDs. So i told both women and they were checked.The other women said Dr was checking for HIV And Syphilis also so i began freakin out that it was HIV even though she was just checked so she could just know here status Because it had been two years since here last test. So i continued to freak out and was later tested at 3.75 months, I was negative. hers was also negative, i tested again at 4 months and steady girlfriend tested also. both still negative. I had the other women take another test so i could be sure she was being honest with me. Her last test was at 4.5 months after exposure and for HIV1 and 2.
Her results were negative. I just took 6 month test and will get my results on the 17. My symptoms were Epididymitis for 1.75 months with nightsweats for first day and maybe fever (didn't check)3 weeks after exposure. Painful burning skin on sholdersand back after epididymitis. Lost 10-12 pounds during third month and had mouth sores and skin problem. Mouth and skin problems have come back at 6 months. I also have had painful burning lymphnodes for almost 2 mopnths along with muscle and joint pain. Dr.s have done many test and have found nothing. No Dr. has been able to feel any swollen lymphnodes. All the have been able to do is give me strong Motrin perscription. The only goog thing is the pain in my testicle seems to be completly gone. None of my Dr.s think it is HIV.

Well thats about it I have had a lot of strange stuff happen and i wish i kept a journal of other symptoms and ailments.

SB

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2551

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3