Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
lovelivelife1

Reged: 08/24/12
Could I be infected?
      #265870 - 08/24/12 04:15 PM

On 8/1/2012 I had sex with a guy (top) and I was the bottom before we had sex we did a lot of grinding we both sweat a lot and he precums a lot it was around my anal area but when we actually had sex we used a condom...we didn't use any lubrication...a week later on 8/9/12 I started getting these raised bumps on my back and on my shoulder I went to the Dr and they did a swab it came back as a staph infection so they put me on Bactrim SMZ TMP while on the antibiotic I got a oral thrush and I had severe neck stiffness...I got tested for HIV on 8/13/2012 it came back negative...A few days later I developed three cold sores (I've had them before I get them several times a year)...I went back to the Dr they did blood work everything came back good again the only issue was with my kidney function and she wants to test it again in a few weeks...Beyond that nothing is swollen and my body temperature was 98.2... The bumps on my back have stopped appearing but they appear darken than my skin color after healing...This is the 3rd week since the sexual contact

Edited by lovelivelife1 (08/24/12 04:34 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Could I be infected? new
      #265872 - 08/24/12 04:45 PM

Staph infections are extremely common every day events. Staph can happen from simply scratching. It's probably the most common bacteria out there. So having staph means absolutely nothing.

Being cold sores are a herpes infection and herpes infections are known to flare when you are fighting another infection or are stressed it doesnt surprise me you had an outbreak. Especially when you say they happen often.

As far as the kidneys. Bactrim is known to cause kidney problems because it affects the blood in ways that can cause problems for the kidneys. Lots of water or switching medication will help. Chances are it will clear itself in a few weeks after stopping the medication. So again explained without even considering HIV.

Also protected sex is protected sex. It doesn't matter if you needed a mop to dry off after sex. Skin is not a viable transmission mode for HIV. Even the outside of the anus is to dense for HIV. So he could've slopped on buckets of Precum or semen and filled a small kiddie pool worth for you to roll around in for hours. Still wouldn't come out positive.

So move on and don't get caught up in what ifs. Everything is explainable with everyday logical rational explanations.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1041

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3