Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
bree

Reged: 08/01/12
Very scared
      #265135 - 08/01/12 09:05 PM

Last week I went to donate plasma at a local center. I dontated 2 times last week. When I went in today, they said I was declined because my test came back saying my Anti-HIV 1/2 serology test positive. I am freaking out. Within the last 8 months I had casual sex with a man about 5 times and we didn't use a condom twice. I had oral sex with a man and had sex but he did not come inside me. I've had an annual exam since and the results came back showing no issues. I went to my dr immediately after getting the news from the plasma center, but I'm still really scared. Has anyone else had a false positive from a plasma center test? I don't know what to do. I called my mom and told her, but I feel so alone.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Very scared new
      #265140 - 08/01/12 09:41 PM

Contrary to popular belief Precum carries and transmits HIV. So making sure someone pulls out before they cum is useless means of protection.

But that is neither here nor there. Right now what you need to do is get tested again for HIV. Many places offer free rapid testing. If it does turn out to be positive then they can help guide you to treatment. Freaking out about it isn't going to make it better. Know that there are a wealth of resources that can help you lead a happy healthy life.

On another note I would contact the local aso and tell them the policies the blood donation place has in effect. They should've referred you to an aso or dr for a follow up rather than dumping you in limbo. The aso can contact them and help them be more proactive and caring about how they treat future clients that have a positive result.

But again go get tested again. To be sure and seek out treatment take it one step at a time and don't freak out. Though no one wants HIV it's not the death sentence that stigma and ignorant people make it out to be.

bree

Reged: 08/01/12
      #265142 - 08/01/12 09:56 PM

Thank you for responding. I did go to my Dr. and had them run another blood test. Now I'm just waiting and worrying. I don't know anyone with HIV. I think I'll go to the health department tomorrow as I read they have a rapid test. Right now I just want to cash out my 401k and move to a tropical island.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #265145 - 08/01/12 10:34 PM

Well that would be a knee jerk reaction and not a productive or useful one. But it's fun. Lol.

They would still need to do a western blot and you would still have to wait to hear the results at the health department. But if it was a positive on the rapid then they could set you up with help faster than waiting for the western blots to come back.

Believe me I know the feeling of needing to rush even after you get a positive result. But you have just as much time as you did before so don't jump into anything you may regret later. Cause notated what you still have the same amount of time positive or negative as you did before all this started.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1687

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3