Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
reallyterrified

Reged: 07/26/12
HELP! Driving myself crazy. Think it's ARS.
      #264906 - 07/26/12 06:04 PM

I was on vacation, and met a guy at a bar. We started making out and fooling around a bit. Before I knew it we were having sex without a condom. It was less than a minute, no ejaculation. The partner's status is unknown, and I have no way of contacting him to find out. Within a week I developed a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes on my neck, and then in my groin. I had some vaginal irritation and discharge. No fever or rash. I went to my doctor with in a week of exposure and got tested for all STDs, and was treated for chlamydia and gonorrhea. Everything came back negative except for Herpes. But I didn't have an outbreak that I could see. Sore throat went away within a week. But my lymph nodes in my neck and groin are still swollen, and I have no other symptoms. It has been one month. I'm scared that I had ARS. I will test again at 3 months, but in the meantime I'm dying. I'm so stressed out that my blood pressure is so high and I'm getting headaches. I just don't know what I will do if I am positive. I feel so guilty because I didn't even really want to have sex, and I did stop it. Also, if i hadn't been on vacation I mostly likely would have went to go get a PEP, but since I was with my family I just didn't think about it. Now I'm terrified that I ruined my life in under a minute.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jpworried1

Reged: 07/20/12
Re: HELP! Driving myself crazy. Think it's ARS. new
      #264940 - 07/27/12 01:33 PM

I am an expert by no means but I was told by folks here online and on other sites that symptoms are not a good indicator. I also was diagnosed with herpies a few weeks ago and I must of had it for possibly years and never an outbreak. I also researched everything about testing and testing at 6 weeks is over 95% accurate. I would go test at 6 weeks then at 3 months with 4th gen antibody test or take the DUO early detection test at 4 weeks if your anxious. I saw somewhere that the odds are 1 in 200 if the person is infected with HIV and 1 in 2000 if the person wasnt. So the odds are in your favor.

Edited by jpworried1 (07/27/12 01:39 PM)

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #264948 - 07/27/12 06:27 PM

..."and 1 in 2000 if the person wasnt. "

If a person wasn't infected with HIV wouldn't those odds then be nothing?

jpworried1

Reged: 07/20/12
      #264957 - 07/27/12 09:56 PM

Duh yes that is my fault. Long day today.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1563

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3